The Best Tea Kettles in 2022
Owning the best tea kettle that money can buy is what is going to separate you from the herd when it comes to either making tea for one or for a large party you may be hosting. Knowing which type to buy to cook the tea in and which is for serving will help save you a lot of headaches in the long run. There are some tea kettles that are able to do all the work for you, while there are some more traditional types that will allow you to be a little bit more hands-on and manage for tea while you cook it.
In this article, we will cover the things you will need to know when purchasing the best tea kettle to best suit your needs. We will also cover some of the key factors or talking points to consider when buying a new tea kettle. Most importantly, we will cover a few of the different models that are available for purchase currently and which may or may not be the right choice for you.
What to look for when purchasing the best tea kettle
For starters, it is best to know the difference between a teapot and a tea kettle. Traditionally, a tea kettle is used only for brewing the tea. A teapot is used to serve the tea to guests. However, some teapots can also brew tea.
There are many other ways to brew tea as well, but most of those ways will not be as productive or anywhere the quality of a modern tea kettle. One of these is the percolator. This is basically an old school coffee maker. It has been around for hundreds of years to brew tea and coffee. A tea kettle is very similar to a percolator but has been refined to do the job better.
Another way to brew your tea is to use a Nespresso machine. These are just glorified Keurig machine to make tea and coffee instantly from prepackaged tea. However, the electric tea kettle has replaced that method with many more options and functions available.
With all the different types of tea kettles available and the many ways to brew tea, its best to find a model you are comfortable with and know how to operate it. Sometimes less is more so it is best to stick to simplicity but with ease of use.
Construction and Design
Depending on the type of tea kettle you plan to purchase will determine several different functions of the tea kettle. If you are planning on going with the traditional style stove top tea kettle, then you will want a quality product. Make sure the kettle is made of stainless steel or ceramic to protect from rust and damage. Some of the stovetop tea kettles are also compatible with induction stovetops, meaning they are made of a specific metal.
Metals like aluminum, copper, tin and glass kettles will not be compatible. However, with glass tea kettles, you are able to see inside the pot when filling it with water. This makes a world of difference when you are trying to gauge how much water you put in the kettle blindly. Learn more about what types of pots and tea kettles work on an induction burner.
Make sure the handles are heat resistant and are supported well. A pour spout can come in all different styles as well. They can be manually opened or automatically when pouring. This just depends on which method you prefer. Whichever way you decide, there at least has to be a whistle on the spout to alarm you when the water has boiled.
If there is not one, might as well throw it in the trash because its worthless. Having a tea kettle that is also easy to clean will definitely be helpful. If you are one of those people that likes to leave the teapot on the stovetop when not in use as décor and just use when you are ready to, then you probably cook around it too. Grease, sauce and other liquids will tend to spatter on the outside of the tea kettle and cleaning those areas off can become troublesome on some tea pots.
If you are going for an electric tea kettle, make sure it has great reviews and is a quality product. Make sure it is cordless and has a sturdy base to rest the kettle when heating up. To see some of the great qualities of electric tea kettles and what to look for when buying one, click here.
For everything else, design should not really matter for a tea kettle. Most of the models are sleek and look like most other kitchen appliances. If you are trying to have a colorful tea set arrangement, then also purchase a teapot. Teapots can be highly decorative and made of very high-quality materials, but there are for only serving the tea within.
A warranty will help to protect your tea kettle when it breaks. Most quality manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty with their products because they are confident it will last forever. If the product does not come with some sort of guarantee or warranty then it is pretty clear that is a red flag and should not be considered as a reliable product that will outlast the test of time.
Best Tea Kettles
OXO BREW Classic Tea Kettle
The Classic Tea Kettle
Here is your traditional stovetop tea kettle. It doesn’t have all the bells but it does have a whistle! It is constructed of high-grade stainless steel to give it a nice clean look and protect it from any rusting that may occur over time. The handles are heat resistant and it also rotates out of the way to aid in filling the kettle or cleaning.
However, while it is made of strong metals that are dishwasher safe, the container is not see through which may make it hard to gauge the amount of water within it. Even though it is made of stainless steel, it is not compatible with induction burners. While the price is modest, this model is fairly average but may be worth it in the long run.
- The tea kettle is constructed of high-grade stainless steel which is dishwasher safe and protects the kettle from rust
- The handle is made of heat resistant polymer and will swivel back and forth for easy access to the pot
- Has a whistle on the pour spot which automatically opens when pouring
- The kettle is not made of glass or Pyrex which makes it hard to see the amount of water within the kettle
- The tea kettle is not compatible with induction cooktop burners
Le Creuset Enamel-on-Steel Zen 1-2/3-Quart Teakettle
The Contemporary Zen Tea Kettle
This tea kettle is a little bit more expensive. The reason is that they were trying to combine the functionality of a stove top tea kettle while also grasping the decorative aspect of the tea pot.
The Asian style tea kettle is constructed on steel which has but coated with enamel. The enamel is also available in 8 different colors so you can match your kettle to your kitchen scheme. The handles are heat resistant and will also rotate back and forth out of the way. The pour spout is also made of a heat resistant material and needs to be opened manual by hand. While this may sound good, with the shape of the tea kettle, it may have a tendency to pour fast. This may cause some problems if the pot is full of water. The pot is also not see-through which makes it hard to see the amount of water.
The tea kettle is lightweight, easy to use and dishwasher safe. But with how much it costs, there are much better options with quality in mind.
- The tea kettle is constructed of enamel coated steel which comes in many different colors
- The handles are heat resistant and will rotate back and forth out of the way
- The pour spout is also heat resistant as well as the tea pot cover
- Made of cheap low-quality steel and may be a bad deal compared to the price
- Unable to see the water levels and has a tendency to pour fast if there is too much water in it
All-Clad E86199 Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
The Bright and Shiny Tea Kettle
This tea kettle is extremely good looking and will be the first thing people notice when they come in the kitchen. It however is very expensive to purchase and does not come with a warranty to protect it. The tea kettle is constructed of all clad stainless steel and has a polished chrome plated finish on the exterior of the pot.
The handle is comfortable to use and has sloped edges to make pouring easy that is attached with polished rivets. The hinged spout cap is designed to whistle when the pot is boiling and opens easily for easy pouring of the inner contents. The tea kettle is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned and polished by hand. It is compatible with all types of cooking surfaces and heat sources including induction burners.
- The tea kettle is constructed of all clad stainless steel and has a polished chrome plated finish that looks great.
- The tea kettle has a sloped handle for easy pouring and a whistle blowing spout cap that locks and unlock easily for steady pours.
- The tea kettle is compatible with all types of heat sources and cooktops including induction burners.
- The tea kettle is not dishwasher safe.
- The tea kettle is very expensive to purchase and does not come with a warranty to protect it.
T-fal C76220 Specialty Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
The Home Starter Tea Kettle
This tea kettle is pretty basic but will do just fine for anyone trying to boil water or make tea at home. It is priced a little high for what it is but it does come with a lifetime warranty to protect it. The tea kettle is constructed of stainless steel and has a 3-liter water capacity. The tea kettle will work on most cooktops and burners but is not compatible with induction burners.
The handle is angled and easy to control and has a trigger mechanism that will open the locking pour spout for easy pouring. The handles and the opening top are all easy to open and are heat resistant to the touch. The tea kettle is also easy to clean and is dishwasher safe if need be. It is also designed to whistle when the water is boiling.
- The tea kettle has comfortable handles that are easy to control and a trigger mechanism that allow you to open the pour spout when pouring water.
- It is constructed of stainless steel with a 3-liter capacity and will work with most cooktops.
- The handle and opening top are all heat resistant to the touch and the whole pot is dishwasher safe.
- While it does come with a lifetime warranty to protect it, it is still somewhat expensive for what it is.
- It is not compatible with induction burners.
Cuisinart CTK-SS17 Aura Stainless Steel Teakettle
The Most Basic Tea Kettle
This model is not much to talk about, although it is the cheapest tea kettle on the list. It has the look and style of the classic stove top tea kettle and is constructed on lightweight stainless steel to protect it from rusting.
The kettle is equipped with a whistle to alarm when the water is boiling and is attached to the pour spout which needs to be opened manually with a trigger. This could become defective overtime is used regularly.
There is plenty of flaws with this model though like none of the surface or handles of the kettle are heat resistant which could prove to be dangerous. It does however come with a lifetime warranty to protect it from any defects or damages that may occur while in use. But it does need to be handwashed and cannot be placed in a dishwasher.
- The kettle is the cheapest on the list and comes with a lifetime warranty to protect it from any defects or damages that may occur while in use.
- Constructed of lightweight stainless steel making it easy to handle and protected from rust.
- Pour spout is equipped with a whistle to sound when the water is boiling.
- None of the surfaces or handles are heat resistant which could be very dangerous while in use.
- The kettle may be lightweight but does lack in durability.
- Is not dishwasher safe.
Willow & Everett Tea Kettle
The Cadillac of Stove Top Tea Kettles
This tea kettle is super nice and is priced very fairly. The tea kettle was constructed with the consumer in mind to pay great attention to detail and quality.
The kettle body is constructed of 5 different layers of metal including, stainless steel, steel, iron and copper. The other layer and the bottom finish are made from aluminum to ensure the kettle heats up evenly across the surface and much faster than most other kettles. The outside layer is made from high-quality surgical grade stainless steel to protect it from rust, dents and scratches while also providing the coveted glossy mirror look.
All the handles are heat resistant and easy to handle with the ergonomically correct shape.
This tea kettle is nice and much sturdier and more durable than most other kettles. For the price and the 90-day warranty that comes with it, it’s a pretty good deal. Plus, the kettle comes with a tea strainer that is stainless steel and makes the brewing process so much easier. It is however fairly heavy and quite large which may make storing hard. It also needs to be washed by hand and not to be put in the dishwasher.
- The tea kettle is constructed of quality materials and 5 layers of metal to ensure the kettle heats up evenly and fast.
- The exterior is made of high-quality surgical grade stainless steel to protect it from rusting and give it a beautiful glossy look.
- The tea kettle is very affordable and is also protected by a 90-day warranty against all defects and damage.
- Comes with a tea strainer included which can be utilized by hand.
- The kettle is quite heavy and very large so may not be the best for a single person or small family.
- The tea kettle is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned by hand.
CAFÉ BREW COLLECTION Borosilicate Glass Stove Top Tea Kettle
The Best Glass Stove Top Tea Kettle
Next up is the only glass tea kettle on our list, but this one is special. Most glass tea kettles are either electric or they have a metal base to conduct the heat. This tea kettle is made completely of borosilicate glass from Germany and can be used on any range stove top. If the range is an electric spiral burner, then a metal heat diffusing trivet must be accompanied with the kettle during the heating process. This metal trivet also comes included with the original purchase.
The kettle is priced very fair with a more than affordable price tag on it. The kettle cover lid and handle are also made of heat resistant polymer to ensure the user’s safety. The kettle is also dishwasher safe and stain resistant.
Of course, you have to be careful with a glass tea kettle because they are very breakable and more prone to accidents than any other metal kettle. You will also want to pay close attention to heat levels and fast cooldown times as they could crack or break the kettle.
- The tea kettle is constructed of glass and can be used on any stovetop. This makes it easy to gauge the water levels within the pot.
- The kettle has a very cheap price tag on it and is stain resistant and dishwasher safe.
- The lid cover and handle are made from a heat resistant polymer to provide comfort and safety to the consumer.
- Since the kettle is made of glass, this means it is prone to accidents and could be broken easily if not properly handled.
- While it will work on all stovetops, it needs a metal trivet for all electric spiral burners, but does come included with the original purchase.
SUSTEAS Stove Top Whistling Tea Kettle
The Old-Fashioned Looking Tea Kettle
Susteas tea kettle is pretty cool looking and looks like it came straight out of your grandma’s kitchen stovetop. The tea kettle is very decently priced when compared to others but is not protected by a warranty.
This large tea kettle will hold up to 3 quarts of water at a time and is designed to whistle when the water is boiling inside it. It is constructed of surgical stainless steel and has a nice polished finish on the exterior. The handle has a comfortable grip that is easy to control and also has a mechanism that allows you to open the pour spout cap to release water when pouring.
The tea kettle has an encapsulated bottom which makes it a little heavier but also boils water three times faster than most other kettles. The tea kettle is not dishwasher safe but it is compatible with all types of burners including induction burners.
- The tea kettle is constructed of surgical stainless steel with a polished finish and an encapsulated base that boils water three times faster than others.
- The handle is comfortable and easy to control and has a trigger mechanism that allows you to open the locking pour spout for easy pouring.
- The tea kettle is able to hold up to 3 quarts of water and is compatible with all types of cooktops including induction burners.
- The tea kettle is not dishwasher safe.
- While it is priced fairly decent, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Whatever tea kettle you decide to go with at least make sure it is reliable. Make sure you are comfortable using the product as well. There is no point in buying something you don’t know how to use or are unable to use. Also make sure to buy a tea kettle that is the right size for you or your family. Sometimes it is best to have two tea kettles even. One for brewing tea and one for serving tea, one that is a little more decorative. It’s time to stop boiling water in a pot on the stove to make your tea and time to buy the best tea kettle today. So, hurry up and go purchase a tea kettle before you miss tea time!
You may also like
The Best Meat Grinders to Use at Your Kitchen in 2022
Table of Contents
- What to look for when purchasing the best tea kettle
- Best Tea Kettles
- OXO BREW Classic Tea Kettle
- Le Creuset Enamel-on-Steel Zen 1-2/3-Quart Teakettle
- All-Clad E86199 Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
- T-fal C76220 Specialty Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
- Cuisinart CTK-SS17 Aura Stainless Steel Teakettle
- Willow & Everett Tea Kettle
- CAFÉ BREW COLLECTION Borosilicate Glass Stove Top Tea Kettle
- SUSTEAS Stove Top Whistling Tea Kettle