The Best Spiralizers to Buy in 2022
If you think you don’t need the best spiralizer money can buy, or even need one at all then you would be wrong. It’s a specialized tool used for making zucchini noodles usually. But it’s so much more than just that. They can make any type of noodles and also come with other types of tools for different slicing applications.
Instead of slicing cucumbers one by one, just place them in the machine and in seconds the whole cucumber is sliced into uniform slices of the desired cut. You could always use a mandolin slicer, but the cuts will not be as exact and the strands will always be shorter than you originally wanted. They come in all shapes and forms and can even hook up to your kitchen aid mixer or food processor at home.
In this article, we will go over some of the different types of spiralizers and what to look for when purchasing a new one. We will also cover some of the best spiralizer models available for purchase on the market today and which one may be the best fit for you and your vegetable slicing needs.
How to Choose the Best Spiralizer
When it comes to choosing a new spiralizer there are a few factors to consider. Since there are so many different kinds of spiralizers, you need to know which one will be best for you. Stemming from that, you need to make sure that the spiralizer is constructed with high-quality materials. Since these tools will get a lot of work done in a small amount of time, it is imperative to buy a quality machine.
With that being said, they can get quite expensive. So, in order to protect yourself and the machine, you need to try and get a spiralizer that comes with a manufacturer guarantee or at least some kind of warranty to protect it from damages or defects that may occur while in use or during the shipping process. No use in buying a product that will break right away or worse, come broken in the package.
You also want to make sure the machine is easy to use. Since they can be manual or automatic, you need to be able to not only use it but also be comfortable using it. Also, a machine that is easy to clean or is dishwasher safe will be a plus. Some of these models have many different parts that go into it are going to be difficult to clean by hand and something that is easy to clean will save you time and money.
You will also need a model that comes with several different blades and has space to store all the blades. Or you may want a spiralizer that will store easily and not take up a lot of space.
Construction and Design
Basically, there are 3 different types of spiralizers. The hand-held version, the tabletop and the electric or kitchen aid hookup.
The first is the handheld spiralizer. This version is by far the cheapest model, just like an apple corer, when it comes to structures and price. It is easy to use and compact making it easy to store without a lot of extra larger pieces. The downfall is that it will not be as easy to use as the other and may need a little more elbow grease to operate.
The next version is the tabletop version which is still manual most of the time but take was less effort to use than the hand-held versions. These models are still pretty inexpensive and are the original models around when it comes to spiralizers. They usually stick to the tabletop with suction cups or a lever that will strap it to the table. These are very efficient but the backside is that they are quite large, most do not break down and are hard to store in small spaces. They are usually a little harder to clean as they do not come apart and putting in the dishwasher could take up a lot of space.
The next and last version is the electric version or the kind that will also hook up to a kitchen aid which in turn is still electric but much cheaper than its predecessor. They can also attach to a food processor or just be a stand-alone machine. These work great and with little to no effort, but once they break, that’s it. They do come with a lot of attachments for all kinds or cutting applications and usually are very easy to clean and use. They will break down or detach making them easy to clean. However, they can be quite expensive in the long run.
Whichever you decide make sure that the cutting tools or the blades are constructed with stainless steel or an equivalent. Most of the machines will be abs plastic which is unavoidable. Try to get a machine with some weight to it, usually this is a good sign it has been made with quality materials. Just like a cheese slicer, you need the kitchen tool to be safe to use and keep it in place without sliding around or moving. You also want the base to stay in place with some kind of slip-resistant base that won’t slide around while you are cutting veggies.
The Best Spiralizers to Choose From
Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer
The Strongest and Heaviest Spiral Slicer
This spiralizer is one of the best around and it comes with so many attachments. The kitchen tool is relatively cost effective and it also comes with a lifetime warranty to protect it. The spiralizer is one of the strongest on the market and is constructed of BFA free ABS hard plastic with carbon stainless steel blades.
The blades also come in many different sizes and arrangements, 6 different styles and cutting applications to be exact. The tool is very easy to use and locks veggies in place while they are being cut. The base is very strong and comes with a slip-resistant bottom and suction cups on the feet to keep the kitchen tool in place while it is in use. This keeps it from moving around while in use.
The spiralizer is operated with a hand crank which takes little to no effort at all. It is easy to clean as well as all the parts are detachable and dishwasher safe.
- The kitchen tool has a slip resistant base and suction cups on the feet to keep it in place while in use.
- The spiral slicer comes with 6 different stainless-steel blades for cutting applications.
- The spiral slicer is easy to use and is dishwasher safe.
- Comes with lifetime warranty.
- The spiralizer is quite large and may run into some problems when trying to store it.
Paderno World Cuisine 4-Blade Folding Vegetable Slicer / Spiralizer Pro
The Next Best Thing
The next spiralizer is almost just like the last one. It is the exact same price; however, it does not come with a warranty to protect it. Instead of six stainless steel different blades of cutting applications, there four.
The kitchen tool also folds up inside of itself like a box making it easier to store in places and freeing up room. It is still constructed of ABS free Hard Plastic and is all completely dishwasher safe and easy to use.
The base is very heavy to prevent moving around while in use and there are suction cups on the feet to prevent sliding. The model is also a hand crank that easily cuts through all types of vegetables including hard ones like beets, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- The base is very heavy and there are suction cups on the feet to prevent moving or sliding around while the tool is in use.
- The body is constructed of ABS free hard plastic and is all dishwasher safe.
- There are 4 different cutting tools that are constructed of stainless steel.
- While it is inexpensive for purchase, it does not come protected by a warranty.
OXO Good Grips 3-Blade Tabletop Spiralizer
The Stable Spiralizer
This spiralizer is a much smaller version of the other two previously featured. It does cost a little more and does not come with a warranty to protect it. It is very easy to use and is all completely dishwasher safe.
The body is constructed of ABS free hard plastic and has stainless steel blades of three different cutting applications. The blade attachments even have a case to store within. The base has a slip-resistant grip and the feet have suction cups to keep it in place and prevent sliding around while in use.
The spiralizer is operated by using a hand crank and has another handle to grip while using. The entire spiralizer can fold up inside itself for easy storage and lees space.
- The spiralizer is constructed of hard plastic and has stainless steel blades of three different cutting applications.
- The base is slip resistant and the feet have suction cups to prevent sliding around when in use.
- The spiralizer is easy to use and easy to clean as it is all dishwasher safe.
- The spiralizer is a little expensive when compared to others and does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Brieftons 7-Blade Spiralizer
One More Spiralizer With a Similar Design
This spiralizer is not one of a kind because it is almost identical to its competitor. It is much more expensive but does come with a lifetime warranty to protect it. It is very easy to use and is all completely dishwasher safe.
The body is constructed of ABS free hard plastic and has stainless steel blades of seven different cutting applications. The blade attachments even have a case to store within.
The base has a slip resistant grip and the feet have suction cups to keep it in place and prevent sliding around while in use. It is much larger and does not fold up so there may be some space or storage issues.
- The spiralizer is constructed of hard plastic and has stainless steel blades of seven different cutting applications.
- The cutting blades will store inside of the spiralizer and everything is dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty to protect it.
- The spiralizer is a little expensive and it has some space and storage issues due to its size.
OXO Good Grips Handheld Spiralizer
The Smallest Spiralizer
This next kitchen tool is not like the rest of the ones we have showed you. It is much smaller and works differently than the others. It is much cheaper than the others but still expensive for what it is and it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
This is a handheld spiralizer in which you place the veggies in it and twist by hand to create long strands. It is made of plastic with a stainless-steel cutting tool. It is easy to use but may take some extra effort to use.
It is very small and compact so storing is no problem. Plus, it is all dishwasher safe. The handle forms to your hand and is slip resistant to prevent sliding around while in use or any accidents that could happen.
- The spiralizer is easy to use and is all dishwasher safe.
- The handle has a slip resistant grip that forms to your hand and prevents accidents.
- The body is constructed of ABS free plastic and a stainless-steel cutting tool.
- It is small and compact making it easy to store.
- The kitchen tool is a little expensive and does not come with a warranty to protect it.
- It will take some extra effort to create veggie strands.
Adoric Handheld Spiralizer
The Handheld Spiralizer
Here is another handheld spiralizer that may take a little more effort to work. It does come much cheaper than any of the other models available for purchase but does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The body is constructed of hard plastic and the blade is stainless steel. It does come with three different blades for different cutting applications and a handle that is slip-resistant to prevent any accidents that may occur while in use.
The handheld spiralizer is very easy to use but may take some extra elbow grease to create veggie strands and the entire kitchen tool is dishwasher safe.
- The handheld spiralizer comes with a slip resistant grip handle and everything is dishwasher safe.
- It is constructed of ABS free hard plastic and three different stainless-steel cutting blades.
- The kitchen tool is very compact and easy to store freeing up plenty of cabinet space.
- While it is very cheap to purchase, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
BLACK+DECKER SFP1000B Electric Spiralizer
The Best Electric Spiralizer
The last spiralizer on the list is an electric kitchen tool that doesn’t hook up to an existing kitchen aid or food processor. It is however very expensive and does not come with a warranty to protect it. It is also very large and does not break down to a small space so storage may be a problem.
It is very easy to use and will do all the work for you and some of the parts are dishwasher safe except for the electrical parts. It also comes with a cleaning brush and a storage bag to protect it. It has a sleek construction with 6 different stainless-steel blades for different cutting applications.
It also has a plastic cup to catch all the veggies that you cut. It has two different speeds and will look great on any countertop. The base has a non-slip cover and suction cups on the feet to keep it in place while in use.
- The electric spiralizer has a sleek construction and 6 different cutting blades made from high carbon stainless steel.
- All the parts are dishwasher safe except for the electrical parts.
- It is easy to use and does all the work for you.
- Comes with a cleaning brush and a storage bag to protect it while not in use.
- The spiralizer is very expensive and does not come with a warranty to protect it.
- It is very large and may create some space and storage problems.
So, you will have to ask yourself, how much work you want to put into cutting your veggies noodles. Because that will be the main factor on which to choose. Also, storage and space control may be a factor if you live in a small apartment or are confined to a small kitchen space. Either way, anyone these will get the job done for you!
You may also like
Table of Contents
- How to Choose the Best Spiralizer
- The Best Spiralizers to Choose From