The Best Pizza Pans in 2021
You could use just any pan you wanted to make a pizza but it would not turn out the best and it could be loads better. If you owned the best pizza pan that money could buy or even one that will get the job done without breaking the bank, then you wouldn’t have to go through all the trouble of dealing without one.
Just like baking pans and cookie sheets, pizza pans come in all types of shapes and sizes and each one is designed for a specific type of pizza. Make sure to get the right one for the right job otherwise you will be up creek without a paddle.
In this article, we will go over some of the different types of pizza pans and what they are created for and used for. We will also be going over some of the different models that are available for purchase on the market today and which one may be the best fit for you and your pizza making needs!
How to Choose the Best Pizza Pan
When choosing a new pizza pan, you need to consider a few different things before springing for a new purchase. First and foremost, you want to make sure that you have purchased a new pizza pan that has been constructed of quality materials. You don’t want the pizza pan to turn to a mess, break or rust after a few uses so the materials are very important that are used.
To further that statement, you may want to try and get a pizza pan that comes with a manufacturer guarantee or at least some kind of warranty to protect it in the event that it becomes damaged or defected during the shipping process or while in use.
You also want to make sure the pan is easy to use and easy to clean. Not all pizza pans are meant to be washed but it would be beneficial to you to make it easier for the cleaning process if the pan could be washed in the dishwasher. Also, if the pan had a little bit of heat resistance or cool to touch handles, that would be more than beneficial that way you don’t have to use oven mitts to pull the pan out of the oven. Even though that is unrealistic there are some out there like that.
You may also want a pan that has a non-stick surface to make it easier to remove the pizza from the pan. All of these factors are something to consider and there are others so just make sure you do your research first before making a purchase.
Construction and Design
There are many different types of pizza pans that are used to create a specific style of pizza. The type of pizza you intend on making, the type of dough used and the type of heat source really will determine the type of pan you need.
Pizza screen – a slim pan that has holes in the bottom of the pan which is used to cook pizza faster and is usually cooked on a conveyor belt. Many pizza delivery companies use this type of pan.
Deep Dish Pan – this pan is used to create deep dish or Chicago style pizza in just about any type of oven. It does take longer to cook the pizza due to the thickness of the dough used.
Regular pan – these are used for thin crust and hand tossed doughs and are pretty universal when it comes to cooking pizza in any type of oven.
Cast iron pan – this is a specialized type of pan that is designed to be used outside or over an open flame like a Dutch oven. It can be used in other types of ovens as well but very rarely is it ever used in a commercial setting.
They also use all different kinds of materials to construct pizza pans and each material will create a different effect on the finished product. Some of the most common materials used are cast iron, stainless steel, hard anodized steel, ceramic and tin. Some of the materials are better than others and some will last longer than the others as well. But it really depends on how often they are used and how well they are taken care of.
Some are designed to stay in an oven for extended periods of time just like an oven thermometer as well. Some of the pizza pans also have a coating on the pan for easy and quick release. Some of these coatings are silicone glazed which also helps to reduce the amount of cooking spray or oil needed on the pan when cooking. Hard anodized is probably the most common but also the most expensive and needs to be taken care of and washed by hand so as to not damage the pan.
You also want to consider the size of the pizza pan. Make sure the pan that you decide to go with is actually able to fit in your oven. Also, you may not need a larger pan for one or two people. Make sure to buy with your eyes. No matter the pan you decide to go with, make sure it is easy to use and practical.
Best Pizza Pans
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Baking Pan With Loop Handles
The Best Cast Iron Pizza Pan
This cast iron pizza pan is ideal for a camping trip or just using in the backyard on the grill if you wanted. Cast iron is meant to last forever if you take good care of it but this pan is pretty expensive when compared to others. It also does not come with a warranty to protect it either. The pan has been pre-seasoned and is 14 inches in diameter. The construction gives the pan even heat distribution and excellent heat retention throughout the pan.
The large handle on the side also makes it easy to control the pan and move it from place to place. The pan can also be used to cook other foods and used for other cooking techniques like baking, roasting or sauté. The pan cannot be placed in the dishwasher and needs to be cleaned properly by hand then re seasoned.
- The pan has been constructed of cast iron which gives the pan excellent heat retention and even heat distribution across the surface of the pan.
- The pizza pan can be used for other cooking applications like roasting, baking and sauté as well.
- The 14-inch diameter pan also has large handles on the side that make it easy to control the pan and transfer from one place to another.
- The cast iron pizza pan is pretty expensive when compared to others and it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware 14-Inch Pizza Pan
The Best Vented Pizza Pan
This pizza pan would be great for any pizza delivery restaurant but may be challenging at home. It is a little expensive when compared to other pans and it does come with a lifetime warranty to protect it. The pan has been constructed of hard aluminized steel which creates even heat distribution across the pan.
The pan is also vented to help cook the pizza faster which makes it ideal for a conveyor belt oven. It also has thick rolled edges which help to prevent warping and keep the shape of the pan overtime. The pan is easy to use and easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe. It also has an exterior coating of non-stick which helps with food release and cleanup.
- The pizza pan has been constructed of hard aluminized steel which gives the pan even heat distribution across the bottom of the pan.
- The pan has thick rolled edges to keep the pan from warping and it has been vented on the bottom to allow the pizza to crisp up and cook faster.
- The pan has a non-stick coating which helps with the food release and helps for easy cleaning but the pan is also dishwasher safe making cleanup a cinch.
- While the pan does come with a lifetime warranty, it is a little overpriced when compared to other pizza pans.
Wilton 14-Inch Perfect Results Pizza Pan
The Best Regular Pizza Pan
This pizza pan will work great for just about any pizza you need to cook in it whether you make your dough from scratch or are just cooking a frozen pizza. The pan is a little expensive when compared to other regular pizza pans but it does come with a 5-year warranty to protect it. The 14-inch solid state pizza pan is constructed of steel and has a non-stick coating on the outside to help with easy food release and cleaning of the pan.
The pan is also dishwasher safe which makes cleaning the pan very easy. The round pizza pan will be a great pan for cooking pizza but it may be prone to warping since the outer structure is not reinforced or has rolled edges to keep the shape of the pan while in use.
- The regular pizza pan has been constructed of hard steel and has a nonstick exterior which helps with easy food release and cleaning of the pan.
- The pan comes with a 5-year limited warranty to protect the pan and it is dishwasher safe.
- The pan is able to be used for any type of pizza whether it is from scratch or if the pizza is frozen.
- The pizza pan is a little expensive when compared to others.
- The pizza pan may be prone to warping when used for extended periods of time or high very high temperatures.
USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Pizza Pan
The Best Corrugated Pizza Pan
This pizza pan has a special feature about it, which is not just perforated like other pizza pans. The pan is priced a little too high when compared to others like it but it does come with a lifetime warranty to protect it. The pan has been constructed of hard anodized steel that has a special corrugated surface which allows exceptional air circulation around the pizza and helps to release food easily.
It also has a special coated nonstick surface to help with the release of food and the ease of cleaning the pan. The pan is also dishwasher safe but is recommended to wash by hand with warm soapy water. The 12-inch pan also has a raised and rolled edge to provide strength and durability in the pan and prevent warping while in use at high temperatures.
- The pizza pan is constructed of hard anodized steel which is also heavy gauged and made for commercial use but works well in a home kitchen.
- The surface of the pan has been corrugated to provide excellent air circulation while in use and help with the release of food.
- The pan has a non-stick coating which helps with food release and cleanliness as well as it being dishwasher safe making cleanup easy.
- While the pan does come with a lifetime warranty, it is a little expensive when compared to others like it.
Calphalon Nonstick Pizza Pan 16-inch
The Extra-Large Pizza Pan
This pan is the perfect pizza pan for a fast, delivery-based pizza joint because of its design but probably won’t be seen in one due to its price. The pan is quite expensive when compared to others like it but it does come with a warranty to protect it. The pan has been constructed of hard anodized steel that will not warp or rust over time. It also creates even heat distribution across the surface of the pan.
The pan also has been vented to allow the pizza to crisp up while it does cook faster. Made for a conveyor belt but will work in any style of oven. The pan can cook frozen or homemade pizzas as well. The non-stick surface provides the pan with excellent food release with ease and makes it easier to clean the pan. However, the pan is dishwasher safe so cleanup is already a cinch.
- The pan has been constructed of heavy gauge hard anodized steel that will not warp when used at long periods of time or in extreme temperatures.
- The pan has excellent heat distribution across the pan and has a vented bottom to help the pizza crisp up and cook it faster as well.
- The pan has a non-stick coating which makes food release very easy and with-it being dishwasher safe, it makes cleanup very easy.
- This pan is one of the most expensive pizza pans on the list even though it is still covered by a warranty to protect it.
Chicago Metallic Deep Dish Pizza Pan
The Best Deep Dish Pizza Pan
If you enjoy a Chicago style pizza, then this pan is going to be the best choice for you. This pan is priced pretty fairly when it is compared to others but it does not come with a warranty to protect it. The pizza pan has been constructed of heavy-duty carbon steel which provides extra strength and durability in the pan. It also gives the pan even heat distribution across the surface of the pan.
The commercial grade rolled edges make the grip easier on the pan and reinforce the structure of the pan as well as prevent it from warping at high temperatures. The pizza pan has a non-stick surface coating to protect it from damages or defects as well as provides a quick and easy food release. It also makes it a bit easier to clean the pan, but the pan is also dishwasher safe which makes cleanup very easy.
- The pan is constructed of heavy gauge carbon steel which provides even heat distribution across the surface of the pan and ensures strength within the pan.
- The rolled edges make the grip of the pan safer and also reinforce the structure of the pan which gives it durability and protects it from warping when in use.
- The nonstick surface of the pan helps with quick food release and with that and the dishwasher safe bit, cleanup is very easy.
- While the pan may be one of the more affordable pans on the list, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
G & S Metal Products Company ProBake Pizza Baking Pan
The Basic Teflon Pizza Pan
This pizza pan is one of the more basic models on the list and would be just fine for anyone just wanting to cook a pizza at home without all the bells and whistles. The pan however does have a couple bells and it is also the cheapest on the list making it very affordable. It does not come with a warranty to protect it though. The pizza pan is constructed of heavy gauge and weight steel to provide even heat distribution and strength within the pan.
The rolled edges also keep the pan from warping while in use or in high temperatures and give the pan extra durability. The Teflon coating gives the pan quick and easy food release and makes it a little easier to clean the pizza pan. It is not dishwasher safe though and needs to be washed by hand.
- The pizza pan has been constructed of heavy gauge and weighted steel that give the pan even heat distribution and extra strength within the pan.
- The heavy rolled edges of the pan ensure it won’t warp or bend while in use or under high temperatures and it gives the pan added durability.
- The non-stick Teflon coating makes it easy to release any and all types of food and makes it a little easier to clean the pan.
- The pan does not come with a warranty to protect it.
- The pan is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned by hand.
No matter the pizza you are trying to cook whether it is homemade or you bought it in the frozen section, it doesn’t matter. Any one of these pizza pans will do very well to cook it to perfection. Some just need a little more care than others or at least a different type of care. Just make sure the pizza pan you go with is easy for you to use and make perfect pizza with every time.
You may also like
Table of Contents
- How to Choose the Best Pizza Pan
Best Pizza Pans
- Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Baking Pan With Loop Handles
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware 14-Inch Pizza Pan
- Wilton 14-Inch Perfect Results Pizza Pan
- USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Pizza Pan
- Calphalon Nonstick Pizza Pan 16-inch
- Chicago Metallic Deep Dish Pizza Pan
- G & S Metal Products Company ProBake Pizza Baking Pan