7 Best Pasta Makers of 2020
Have you ever eaten fresh pasta you have made at your house from scratch? If you haven’t, then the day you have fresh pasta is the day you stop eating dry or boxed pasta ever again. The difference is night and day between the two. You will be wanting to have it more and more. In order to do this, you will need the best pasta maker you can find on the market.
The noodles are so fresh when they are rolled out by hand. You may be thinking that this is going to be a mess and a very difficult task when in all reality, it is very easy to do. Pasta is really only made from 3 ingredients and when the dough is done, the pasta maker will take care of all the hard work for you. You will never need your rolling pin again with a pasta maker. Learn more about how a pasta maker works.
There are all different kinds of pasta makers and each will help you to makes a few of your favorites. Some of these machines are limited though. Very few machines can do more than flat pasta or a couple of shapes.
In this article, we will go over what to look for in a pasta maker when looking to purchase one. We will also cover some of the best pasta makers available on the market today.
How to Choose the Best Pasta Maker
When looking to purchase a pasta maker, consider your options and cross-reference them with your wants and needs. Figure out what kind of pasta you will be wanting to make more often and then go from there.
You really do not need a fancy machine to make really good pasta. Most of these machines are very similar with only a few differences.
The most common pasta maker consists of two rollers and two settings which are usually attached to a hand crank. These rollers act in the same way as a rolling pin would but stationary. There are some that are electric and will do all of this for you. But sometimes you want to be able to control the speed manually rather than relying on the machine to do it.
There are other machines out there that will press the dough into certain shapes like cavatelli or rigatoni.
Usually, these machines tend to only do one or two shapes though. But they can be dropped directly into the pasta pot without having to do any cutting.
If you happen to find a machine that does more than 2 pasta shapes, it may be a great find. Learn more about the types of pasta you can make.
Construction and Design
While most of the pasta maker available look the same they may not be constructed properly to last. Or they may be made with a lower quality material which will definitely make one stand out against the rest.
You will want the pasta maker to be sturdy and made of solid, high-quality materials. One of the best is stainless steel. The reason being, pasta makers are usually not meant to be washed or touch the water. When you are done with the machine, you wipe it down the best you can then lightly spray the rollers with pan coating to season them. Over time this could hurt the machine so having a nice solid material or exterior will help protect against any rusting.
For the most part, the design is almost identical across the board.
These machines are not meant to sit out on the kitchen counter like a panini press would but rather to be packed away until further needed use. The important thing is to find a pasta maker you are comfortable with and has great functionality. Make sure the pasta maker comes with some sort of anchor or C-clamp to help keep the pasta maker steady when in use. You will not be able to hold it down yourself so this will come in handy. Make sure the clamp is big enough to fit around the tablespace edge you plan on using it.
A warranty will help to protect your pasta maker if it breaks. Most quality pasta machine makers offer a lifetime warranty with their because they are confident it will last forever. If the machine does not come with some sort of guarantee or warranty then it is pretty clear that is a red flag and should not be considered as a reliable product that will outlast the test of time.
7 Best Pasta Makers to Buy in 2020
Marcato 8320 Atlas Pasta Machine
The Best Pasta Maker
We start off the list with a great pasta maker from a company who has been around for decades making these types of machines. Cook’s Illustrated referred to this pasta maker as the Ferrari of pasta makers.
The machine is artistically made of stainless steel and with exact precision to make sure everything works as it should for a lifetime. The machine comes with a clamp to hold the pasta maker down while in use, a dough cutter and a hand crank to work the wheels. A motor drive piece is available for separate purchase but will fit on the machine with ease and take the hard work out of the process for you.
The machine comes with the capability to make three different types of pasta and has the ability to take on more types of pasta by purchasing extra rollers separately. This beautiful, hand-crafted pasta maker has to be one of the best we have ever seen.
- Company guarantees all of their products with a 10-year warranty against any defect or damages that may occur in time
- Solid sturdy construction of stainless steel and comes with hand crank, clamps and a dough cutter
- Has the ability to make three different pastas effortlessly every time
- While it does have the ability to use other attachments, these attachments are sold separately from the machine, but may be worth considering a purchase
Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker Plus HR2375/06
The Top Dog of All Pasta Makers!
This pasta maker really goes above and beyond when compared to all the others. It is however extremely expensive when compared to the others and does not come with a warranty to protect it. But the thing with this pasta maker that sets itself apart from the others, is that it does everything for you. All you need to do is place the ingredients in the machine and it will mix, knead and extrude all the pasta for you in the shape you desire. It does all the work for you!
It is able to make ½ pound of pasta in as little as ten minutes, which is much faster than doing it by hand. The machine comes with four different pasta discs: spaghetti, linguini, penne and lasagna/dumplings. It has a pasta cutting tool, a cleaning tool and a measuring cup for your ingredients.
It also comes with a recipe booklet to help you create pasta on your own. There is a drawer within the machine that will store all the accessories as well. The machine can be dismantled and put back together easily and is completely dishwasher safe making cleanup a cinch.
- The pasta maker is able to mix all the ingredients, knead the dough and cut the pasta for you in less than 10 minutes.
- The pasta maker can make pasta in four shapes: spaghetti, linguini, penne and lasagna/dumplings.
- The pasta machine is easy to use, dismantle and is completely dishwasher safe.
- The pasta maker is extremely expensive when compared to others and it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Imperia Pasta Maker Machine
The Reliable Pasta Maker
Here is a pretty basic model of a pasta maker. This machine will do pretty much the basics of a pasta maker and won’t break the bank at the same time.
The machine is able to cut pasta into 2 different types of pasta, spaghetti, and fettuccini. But other attachments for other pastas are available for purchase separately as well.
The machine is well-built and has a shiny chrome plated exterior. The machine comes equipped with a clamp to attach it to a counter or table for when in use, a hand crank to work the rollers and a booklet on how to make pasta. This machine would be great for a beginner or someone who is looking to just learn how to make pasta.
- Has the ability to make two different kinds of pasta
- Machine is well built and has a shiny chrome plated exterior that wipes away clean
- The pasta maker comes with a clamp, hand crank and a recipe book on how to make pasta
- The machine is pretty basic with no extra attachments available or other cool function most other pasta makers have
- Does no come with a warranty or guarantee of any kind
OxGord Pasta Maker Machine Hand Crank
The Money-Saving Pasta Maker
This pasta maker may be better than the last one we just reviewed and it is half the price. You really cannot beat that.
The machine has all the same functions mentioned before but instead of chrome-plated exterior, it has a stainless-steel material makeup which means the metal will be protected from any rust.
The machine has the ability to make three different kinds of pasta with its removable and dishwasher safe roller blades. There are other roller blades available for purchase separately that make other types of pasta as well.
- The machine is constructed properly of stainless steel to protect is from water damage and rust
- The machine comes with a clamp, hand crank and removeable roller blades that are also dishwasher safe
- Has the ability to make three different pastas
- Does have the ability to make other pastas but the rollers are sold separately
- No warranty on the machine to protect it from defects or damages
CucinaPro 190 Pasta Maker
The Best Pasta Maker for Sheet Pasta
This pasta maker is at the bottom because it only makes one pasta, and that is the sheet pasta. Yes, it will roll out the dough in 9 different settings of thickness, but then you have to cut the pasta by hand for whatever shape you want after that.
The machine is constructed of chrome plated steel and comes with a hand crank and clamps for stabilizing during the rolling process. This machine is very basic and is not much to talk about, plus it does cost more than you would think without being able to do much.
- Has the ability to roll dough into 9 different thickness settings
- Well-constructed of chrome plated steel
- Can only make one type of pasta and that is sheet pasta. You will have to cut the noodles after you roll out the dough, creating more work for yourself
- No warranty or guarantee with the original purchase is available
iSiLER 9 Adjustable Thickness Settings Pasta Maker
The Great Buy Pasta Maker
Here is another basic pasta maker but with a few tricks up its sleeve. The machine comes with all the basic stuff like a clamp and hand crank to work the rollers. It also has the capability to make 2 different kinds of pasta aside from the flat pasta sheets it produces.
The machine is made of non-toxic aluminum alloy which means it will last a lifetime and make great pasta every time with its smooth rollers. Other roller blades are available for purchase and will attach to the machine with ease.
One other great thing about this pasta maker is that it comes with a 1-year worry-free warranty to protect the machine from any defects or damages. If you don’t like the machine, send it back and they will refund your money.
- 1-year warranty on the machine that protects it from defects and damages that may occur when in use
- Constructed of high-grade non-toxic aluminum alloy to create beautiful pasta every time
- Has the ability to only make 2 different types of pasta. Other rollers can be used on the machine but are also sold separately
Fantes Cavatelli Maker Machine
The Specialized Pasta Maker
This is a really cool little pasta maker and it is really inexpensive as well. However, this pasta maker only makes one type of pasta, but it is a very unique type of pasta that other pasta makers cannot make. The pasta it makes is cavatelli, which is a special pasta that looks like an elongated shell with ridges.
These pastas are very hard to make by hand which is why this tool comes in handy. While it can only do one pasta, it does a great job at that one thing.
The machine is made from anodized aluminum which makes it very strong and can clamp on any table or counter while in use. The fall back to this machine is that you have to have a pasta maker to initially roll out sheet pasta to feed into the cavatelli roller.
- Has the ability to make a specialized pasta called cavatelli
- The machine is made from very strong aluminum and attaches to most counter and tables for support while in use
- Can only do one type of pasta
- In order to use the machine, you need to have another pasta maker to roll out pasta sheets to feed into the cavatelli pasta maker
- No warranty is included with the original purchase
Whatever pasta maker you decide to go with, make sure you are comfortable with it. There is a bit of a learning curve to making pasta and getting the hang of it will take some practice. Having the best pasta maker as a tool will help you so much more in the long run. Now go get a pasta maker and start cooking!