The Best Magnetic Knife Holders in 2022
If you have a problem trying to store your knives in a space that is easy to access and that will protect your knives then what you are going to want is the best magnetic knife holder there is. Of course, you could use a knife block, but in most homes, there is a wide array of knives that maybe are not from the same set or that there are multiple carving knives and they all won’t fit in the knife block together. A knife block will also take up valuable counterspace. A magnetic knife holder is going to be the next best solution to the problem and its very cost-effective.
In this article, we will go over what to look for when purchasing a new magnetic knife holder as well as some of the different kinds available to the public. We will also go over some of the best magnetic knife holders available for purchase on the market today and which one may be the best for you and your knives.
How to Choose the Best Magnetic Knife Holder
When picking out a new magnetic knife holder there are a few things to consider before leaping at a purchase. They are really not all that expensive to start with, you can probably get away with a nice knife holder for about 20 dollars.
There are some that will be more costly due to some extra features they possess such as specific color schemes to match the background wall.
But even if they are cheap or expensive, they should still be protected. It is best to try and spring for a magnetic knife holder that comes with a manufacturer guarantee or some kind of warranty to protect the product in the event that it becomes damaged or lost during shipping or while in use. You also want to make sure the knife holder is made with quality materials, specifically the magnets.
Keeping filet knives on a magnetic knife holder will keep them safe in place. They also keep them safe from any bacteria that may form in other knife holders. You also want to make sure they are easy to use and easy to install.
Most will only take a couple of screws to attach them to a wall but sometimes they may take some wall anchors or other items to attach them. Make sure they are long enough to fit your kitchen space and you can attach them correctly and safely.
Construction and Design
Magnetic knife holders are similar to sharpening stones in the sense that there is really not too much difference between one magnetic knife holder and another. They all really have the shape and design; some may have multiple magnets and may be wider than others but for the most part that is it.
However, when it comes to the aesthetic look there can be some options for a different appeal for others. Depending on what you want the knife holder to look like, there are several different colors and fake wood placements that cover the front of the knife holder to match the background or your countertops.
For the most part, magnetic knife holders are either made of strong plastic or stainless steel and will appear as such but they also can be made of other materials as well such as wood or stone. These may be heavier and smaller but they will look nicer in your kitchen. They may also be better for your boning knives as well when placed on them and reduce the number of scratches that may occur while in use.
You want to make sure that the magnets are very strong as well. This is probably the most important factor when purchasing a new knife holder. Most knife holders will say they have strong magnets and this may be hard to decipher which really are and are not. So, try and read the reviews of others before making a purchase.
Depending on how many knives you will be placing on the wall will determine how long the knife holder needs to be.
Also, how much space you have on your wall will also help you to make a decision. Most magnetic knife holders come in lengths between 8 inches and 36 inches long, so make sure you know what you want and how much space you have before getting the wrong size.
Best Magnetic Knife Holders
HMmagnets 17 Inch Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Holder
The Best Magnetic Knife Holder
There is not a lot to say about knife holders, but this one says it all. However, it is one of the more expensive models and does not come with a warranty to protect it. But it does have one of the strongest magnets on the market and is able to hold any whole set of knives at one time on it.
The knife holder floats on the wall to hide any screws with an easy installation. It is also 17 inches long with an outer stainless-steel body that is flat all the way across the magnet to reduce scratches. This magnetic knife holder saves valuable counterspace while looking good doing it.
- The knife holder is able to float on the wall with an easy installation process.
- The magnet is 17 inches long with a stainless steel out body to reduce scratches.
- It has one of the strongest magnets on the market to hold any knife and still be able to pull the knives off with a slight tug.
- The knife holder is one of the more expensive models but not too much, and it doesn’t come with a warranty.
Kurouto Walnut Magnetic Knife Holder
The Best-Looking Magnetic Knife Holder
This is one of the most stylish knife holders on the market that will spruce up your kitchen. It is one of the more expensive models but it does come with a 100% money-back guarantee. The knife holder is constructed of solid walnut which has extremely powerful magnets embedded in the wood.
The bar is 12 inches long and is able to hold even the heaviest of blades. The bar looks fantastic on the wall and the wood reduces the number of dents, scratches or damages to your knives when placed or removed. There is a little bit of installation but it will be worth it.
- The magnetic knife bar is constructed of walnut and is 12 inches in length.
- It has very powerful magnets embedded in the wood which will hold any knife in the kitchen.
- It looks great on the wall and reduces damages to your knives.
- It is one of the more expensive knife bars on the market for its size.
- There will be a lot of installation.
Boker 30400 Wood Magnetic Knife Block
The Innovative Knife Block
This knife holder mixes a magnetic knife holder with a knife block to produce something pretty cool. The knife holder is 100 bucks but it does come with a lifetime warranty. The block is constructed of wood in a circular block with different heights of wood.
Each space is for a different knife to be held against the wood with powerful magnets. This allows you to display your knives on a circular knife block without hiding them inside the block. It’s not that big but can hold up to 7 knives at once.
- The knife holder is constructed of wood and is designed to display the knives on the block instead of inside it.
- The dimensions are not that big, its lightweight and can hold up to 7 knives at once.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The model is very expensive for what it is.
Modern Innovations 16 Inch Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Bar
The Safest Bet
Here is s magnetic knife holder that is sure to get the job done without breaking the bank. The product is very affordable but does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The knife bar is constructed of stainless steel and has powerful magnets that can hold any knife it the kitchen with ease. The bar is 16 inches long and can hold a whole set of knives. The installation process is very easy as well.
- The knife bar is constructed of stainless steel to reduce any scratches to your knives.
- The bar is 16 inches long and is able to hold any knife or set of knives in the house.
- The installation process is seamless.
- While the product is very affordable it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Coninx Magnetic Knife Holder
The Best of Both Worlds
Here is another innovative knife holder where it mixes a knife block and knife bar. It does come a little more expensive than others but it is backed by a lifetime warranty. The design is a wooden stand that has a nonslip base and is meant to display the knives.
It has powerful magnets to hold up to 7 knives on the wooden board. It may take up some space but it looks great on the countertop. The stand is also strong and sturdy with a wide base and balanced structure.
- The knife holder is able to hold up to 7 different knives on display at once.
- The base is wide and heavy with a non-slip resistance.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It may take up some room on the countertop.
RSVP International RSVP Silicone Magnetic Knife Bars
The Best Silicone Knife Bar
This knife bar comes at 10 inches long and is made of silicone. The knife bar is very affordable but does not come with a warranty to protect it. There are powerful magnets to hold up any type of knife or tool. They can be used to hang up even oddly shaped items like keys, hammers and wrenches. They come in either red or black but may have some self-installation to complete.
- The knife bar comes in 10 inches bars and in colors of red or black.
- They are very powerful magnets to hold up any knife in the kitchen.
- They will also hold oblong shapes like hand tools and garage tools.
- While it is affordable, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
PremiumPresents Bamboo Wood Magnetic Knife Holder
The Best Bamboo Knife Bar
This knife bar looks great on the wall and is a whopping 17 inches long. The bar is constructed of bamboo with a polished finish that won’t absorb moisture or odors overtime. It will reduce the scratches to your knives although it can hold some of the fancier knives. The magnets are powerful enough to hold any type of stainless-steel knife. They are very affordable but do not come with a warranty to protect them.
- It has been constructed of bamboo with a polished finish that won’t damage your knives over time.
- Bamboo is a very dense wood that won’t absorb water or odors.
- The knife bar is 17 inches long and very easy to install.
- While it is affordable, it does not come with a warranty.
Artelegno Magnetic Knife Block Solid Beech Wood 3 Panel
The Protective Knife Holder
This is another mix of both knife holders design but this one has multiple layers of magnetic boards formed like a knife block so they sit in it but don’t slide in a hole, they are still exposed. The knife block is very expensive and does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The knife block is made of solid beech wood with a water proof seal finish. The magnets are very strong and will hold 6 knives in place safely with the non-slip base as well.
- The knife block is constructed of beech wood with a water proof seal.
- The base is nonslip and will safely hold up to 6 knives within the block.
- The knife block looks stylish on the countertop and will reduce scratches and damages to your knives.
- The knife block is very expensive and does not come with a warranty.
Norpro 12-Inch Magnetic Knife Tool Bar
The Basic Knife Holder
This knife holder is more than affordable but does not come with a warranty. This knife holder is only 12 inches long and has commercial kitchen knife holder design. It is perfect for any home with a smaller budget and less knives. It will hold any type of knife in the kitchen and is easy to install.
- The knife holder is perfect for any household with fewer knives and a smaller budget.
- The knife holder is constructed of wood and is easy to install.
- It will hold any type of knife in the kitchen.
- While it is affordable it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
- It is not made with quality materials.
Eco Kitchen Magnetic Knife Strip
A Butcher’s Best Friend
This is a pretty cool knife bar that comes with a couple of extra features. The design concept is an open design meaning it is just two long magnetic bars with no exterior surface, just the magnets to placer the knives on. The stainless-steel construction with very powerful magnets can hold any knife in the kitchen.
It is 18 inches long and comes with 6 hooks that are attached to it so you can also hang up to 6 kitchen tools off of it while knives are in place. The magnets are very strong to hold all that weight on the wall and the installation process is very easy. It is very affordable but doesn’t come with a warranty to protect it.
- The knife holder is constructed of stainless steel and is 18 inches long.
- It can hold any knife in the kitchen and there are hooks attached to it so you can hang up to 6 kitchen tools on it as well.
- The magnets are very powerful on the open concept design and is very easy to install.
- While it is affordable, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
In all honesty, any of these magnetic knife holders will work great, especially the ones with extra features and warranties. There are some that are like knife blocks and if you are looking for a knife bar, that may not be your best bet but they are a great alternative to regular knife blocks. Either way, these choices will store your knives safely and conveniently.
You may also like
Table of Contents
- How to Choose the Best Magnetic Knife Holder
- Best Magnetic Knife Holders
- HMmagnets 17 Inch Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Holder
- Kurouto Walnut Magnetic Knife Holder
- Boker 30400 Wood Magnetic Knife Block
- Modern Innovations 16 Inch Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Bar
- Coninx Magnetic Knife Holder
- RSVP International RSVP Silicone Magnetic Knife Bars
- PremiumPresents Bamboo Wood Magnetic Knife Holder
- Artelegno Magnetic Knife Block Solid Beech Wood 3 Panel
- Norpro 12-Inch Magnetic Knife Tool Bar
- Eco Kitchen Magnetic Knife Strip