8 Best Immersion Blenders in 2020
Owning the best immersion blender on the market today can really elevate your skills in the kitchen. It is also a very humble kitchen tool as it is basically a blender without a container, which opens up so many other possibilities when cooking. Not all immersion blenders are the same and some can do a lot more than others.
It is important to get a quality immersion blender when choosing a new one because they are not cheap and they do break often if mishandled. Not knowing what to look for can be a little hazardous to your shopping list.
In this article, we will go over some of the different types of immersion blenders as well as some of the highlights and talking points of each. We will also go over some of the immersion blenders that are available for purchase on the market today and which one may be the best fit for you and your kitchen.
How to choose the best immersion blender
When choosing the best immersion blender, it is important to think about how it is constructed and what it is made out of. Make sure the hand blender is made of quality materials with a sound сconstruction.
These kitchen tools can get very expensive and when they break, they are even more expensive to fix. So, to protect yourself and your wallet, make sure to get some kind of validation with your purchase. This means to make sure it comes with a manufacturer guarantee or some kind of warranty to protect the tool for damages or defects that may occur during shipping or while in use. This is no mortar and pestle so make sure you are covered.
Make sure you know the size of the product you want. They do make these very small and very big. The big commercial sized immersion blenders often called a burr mixer work in the same way as an immersion blender just on a larger scale.
You want to have a blender that has at least two speeds, a high and a low. This helps with different cooking applications. This tool will come in handy more often than you think. It works great for anything you would put in a blender, but the hand mixer allows you to really break down the contents more than a stand blender would do.
Make sure it has plenty of power to push. The type that plugs into the wall will always be stronger than the cordless options, but without the convenience.
Make sure the immersion blender is easy to use and easy to clean as well. Almost all are not dishwasher safe and need to be handled with care when washing them. If the wands or attachments will detach from the electrical base, this will make it much easier to clean. If the attachments are dishwasher safe it makes it even easier as well.
Construction and Design
For the most part, the design has not changed. They are all pretty much in stick form but they all do something different that one doesn’t do or they do it all. Some have only a couple speeds while others may have up to 15 different speeds. Who knows if this is really necessary or not. Well if you are planning on making a pasta tonight using a pasta maker, and you want a smooth rich tomato sauce, then you are going to need a strong immersion blender to help you.
Some are also cordless. This may make the product more expensive and work very conveniently but you have to make sure it is charged when you need it and it may not have the full force of a motor with a cord. As long as the attachments are constructed of stainless steel, then you should be ok. You can tell when the base has been made well or not.
A lot of the higher-end models will some with other attachments to use such as a whisk, spatula, dough hook or paddle.
There are other types of attachments and one of the commonly popular is the container to turn it into a food processor as well. This is a huge plus because it turns one kitchen tool into two kitchen tools, equally valuable.
The handle and base of the hand blender should be very easy to use and very comfortable as well. Maybe some grips on the handle that make it slip resistant will help keep control of the blender while in use.
Overall, you want to make sure the immersion blender is sturdy and durable just in case it needs to take a beating in the kitchen. A strong motor that won’t overheat in few minutes is the main thing you are after. Think of buying a meat grinder, you want to make sure the motor is strong enough to handle anything, otherwise, what’s the point of buying an immersion blender.
Best Immersion Blenders
Braun MQ5025 Hand Blender
The Best Immersion Blender
The first immersion blender on our list is pretty much the best thing to come. It is more than affordable for purchase except there is no warranty to protect it. The immersion blender is equipped with Variospeed technology which provides 21 different speed levels and an extra booster for some of the other attachments.
The blender is constructed using stainless steel blades and attachments. The high precision durability allows the 400-watt motor to make controlled applications without shaking or vibrating. The hand blender is very easy to use and easy to clean.
The handle has a slip resistant grip and it comes with 4 other attachments to connect to the motor. A whisk, paddle. Chopper and blender container. These help to eliminate other kitchen tools. The end of the blender is shaped to control splashes and keep a clean immersion.
- The immersion blender comes with 4 attachments: the whisk, blender container, paddle and chopper.
- The blender is easy to use and has a slip resistant handle.
- The 400-watt motor provides smooth handling with the 21 different speeds it has.
- While the immersion blender is very affordable, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Philips ProMix Hand Blender HR1670/92
The Next Best Thing
This next immersion blender was built with strength and construction in mind. However, it does cost a little more than the other and still does not come with a warranty to protect it. This immersion blender has the comfort to use the tool with one hand. All you need to do is lightly press the button to activate it.
If you want to use at a higher speed, just press the button harder. The blender will work with ease and smoothly. The shaft and blades are titanium coated which makes them six times harder than stainless steel. While it does not come with extra accessories, it is able to equip many types to it. The bottom of the immersion blender is covered to keep spills and splashes at bay.
- The immersion blender has a powerful motor to support many accessories without vibrating or creating noise.
- The hand blender is able to be used in one hand and has a slip resistant grip and one button release.
- The blender has multiple speeds that can be accessed by pressing the button softer or lighter for different speeds.
- The hand blender is fairly expensive and does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Hand Blender
A Great Option
This next immersion blender would be the best on the list if not for a couple of differences. The hand blender is actually very expensive but it does come with a 100% guarantee and a two-year warranty to protect it. The tool is constructed of stainless steel with a stainless-steel blade. The base of the blender has an agronomical handle and a splash protector at the base of the wand.
The 500 watt fully copper motor provides 9 different variations of speeds to be used with the press of a button. The blender arm is removable for some of the other attachments that come with the blender: a whisk, frother and blender.
- The hand blender has a 500 watt fully copper motor that is able to handle any job.
- The immersion blender comes with a blender, frother and a whisk arm attachment for different applications.
- The immersion blender comes with a 100% guarantee and a 2-year warranty to protect it.
- The hand blender is one of the more expensive models available currently.
KOIOS oxasmart HB-2033B3
The Budget Buy
This next immersion blender was built with the consumer in mind. It is very affordable but does not come with a warranty to protect it. The hand blender is constructed of stainless steel with a titanium reinforced blade that is much stronger than steel. It comes with several other attachments that fit snug into the base of the blender.
They will not come loose because of the fixed rotary core design. The other attachments are a whisk, stand blender and a chopper. The 800-watt motor is more than capable of push the speed very high with 12 different speed variation options. The handle is easy to grip and the bottom of the blender wand is designed to prevent splashes.
- The hand blender has an 800-watt motor that is whisper quiet and does not shake or vibrate while in use.
- The blender also comes with a few attachments: a whisk, chopper and container for blending.
- The body is constructed of stainless steel with a titanium reinforced blade.
- Even though the hand blender is very affordable, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender
The Innovative Immersion Blender
The next immersion blender is actually something else to behold. It is very expensive when compared to some of the other models but it does come with a 2-year warranty to protect it. The body is constructed of stainless steel and the base has a comfortable pistol grip that is also slip resistant.
The base has a scratch resistant scale to prevent scratching pans and a wide enclosed gap to prevent any splashing. The speeds are adjustable and it comes with an attachment but can support others as well. The attachment that comes with it is an 8-inch small food processor and stand blender.
- The base has a pistol grip and comfortable handle that is slip resistant.
- The immersion blender is protected by a 2-year warranty.
- There is a scratch preventive guard at the base that also prevents splashing.
- The hand blender is very expensive.
All-Clad KZ750D Stainless Steel Immersion Blender
The Big Boy
This next immersion blender is quite the big deal for some reasons. It is actually priced very high and it doesn’t not come with a warranty to protect it. The body is constructed of stainless steel with an extra-long shaft for hard to reach areas. The motor is very strong and supports several speed variations including an energy boost and a pulse action if needed.
The immersion blender does support other accessories but are not included with the original purchase and are sold separately. The top of the hand blender has a comfortable and slip resistant handle to keep the blender steady while in use.
- The hand blender has a powerful motor that supports several speed variations and a pulse option.
- The shaft is an extra-long 9 and half inches which is longer than other models.
- The handle has a comfortable and slip resistant grip.
- The immersion blender is very expensive and it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
KitchenAid KHB1231 2-Speed Hand Blender
The Simple Hand Blander
The next immersion blender is one of the simplest kitchen tools about. The immersion blender is one of the cheapest on the market but it does not come with a warranty to protect it. The shaft is constructed of stainless steel and is also removable to making cleaning easy.
It is also dishwasher safe and other accessories. It comes with container for stand mixing as well. The hand blender has a comfortable and slip resistant grip and is equipped with two speeds. The immersion blender is nothing special but it will get the job done.
- The shaft is removeable to making cleaning easy as it and other accessories are dishwasher safe.
- The immersion blender is constructed of stainless steel and comes with a stand container for blending.
- The handle has a soft and comfortable grip that is slip resistant.
- Even though it is very cheap to purchase, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The Cordless and Rechargeable Immersion Blender
This last immersion blender is more like one of a kind since they really are not many made this way. The hand blender is one of the most expensive models on the market and it also does not come with a warranty to protect it. The immersion blender is cordless and can be used anywhere freely.
It is also rechargeable and will hold a charge that will last for 20 minutes on high speed before it dies and needs to be recharged. The 9-inch shaft is constructed of stainless steel and has a splash guard at the base. The blender arm can also be removed and placed in the dishwasher ort changed out for the whisk attachment which is included with a 4-cup measuring cup. The hand blender has 5 different speed variations and a power locking feature.
- The hand blender is cordless and also rechargeable that can hold a charge of high-speed blending for 20 minutes before charging again.
- The stainless-steel shaft is 9 inches long, removeable and also dishwasher safe.
- The immersion blender has 5 different speeds, a locking mechanism and a splash guard at the base.
- This model is one of the most expensive products on the market and it doesn’t even come with a warranty to protect it.
For the most part, immersion blenders are going to be non-cordless and that is ok. Mainly you want to think about how much you will be using the hand blender and that will help you make a better decision. Overall, you want to have a strong motor that won’t burn out on you in the end.