The Best Espresso Machines Under $200 to Give a Try in 2022
There is nothing like waking up to that first cup of espresso in the morning, but usually, you would have to go somewhere to get some. Purchasing a new Espresso machine can be quite expensive and troublesome if you do not know what to look for. Finding a cheaper model without having to compromise the quality is tough to find. That’s why we decided to find the best espresso machines under $200 and create a review about them to help you make a better decision.
In this article, we will go over some of the different types of espresso machines and what to look for when purchasing a new one. We will also cover some of the models that are available for purchase under $200 and might be the best fit for you and your kitchen.
How to Choose the Best Espresso Machine Under $200
So, you are in the market for an espresso machine but you don’t have a lot of money to spend. Well, you might be telling yourself that you should just bite the bullet and go with a Nespresso machine instead because they are cheaper and relatively the same, right? Well, you would be wrong.
A Nespresso machine will make a faux type of espresso but it won’t be the real thing. It will use a pod and the quality of the espresso will not be anywhere close to what it would when using an espresso machine. Well if that is the case then why not just use an old-fashioned coffee percolator. You will be able to get a very strong coffee using one of these but you will not be able to make espresso. It may seem like it is the same, but it is not.
Your best bet is to go with an espresso machine but they are always so expensive and if they are not then it seems like you will be skimping on quality. Well, there are a few machines out there for under $200 that will actually make a decent cup of espresso and will actually last a lot longer than you think. You just have to know what to look for.
Number one, try and find a machine that comes with some sort of guarantee from the company or at least is protected by a warranty so that if it breaks or becomes compromised during the espresso-making process you can at least get a replacement machine or possibly even your money back.
Make sure the machine is made of quality materials and has integrity in mind when it comes to the overall construction. Make sure to do your homework and read the reviews of some of the products to see which machines work better or that customers prefer over others.
You want to make sure that the machine is easy to clean and if at all possible is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Try to get a machine that has extra features like a self-cleaning button or one with timers and alerts to let you know when the espresso is done or the machine needs to be cleaned. There are a lot of espresso machines out there for under $200 so make sure the one you go with is a quality machine that will withstand the test of time overall.
Construction and Design
When it comes to the design of espresso machines, no matter what the cost or price is, they are all pretty much the same. There are some machines with added features that make the espresso-making process much easier but when it come to the size and look of the machine, they are all very similar and really not all that important when you are buying a machine that is under $200. What you want to look for are the extra added features that set your machine apart from the rest.
Having removable water or milk reservoirs make it easy to refill the milk and water when it is needed. It also helps to make the cleaning process a whole lot easier. To go even further it helps if the parts that are removable are able to be placed in the dishwasher so you don’t have to worry about cleaning them by hand.
Most espresso machines have an attached milk frother but when it comes to the cheaper models, this is not all that common. So, if you happen to come across a machine that has a milk frother, this is a huge bonus if plan on making cappuccinos or lattes in the future. Some of these machines come with a built-in tamper to help in pressing down the espresso grounds before placing in the machine.
Some machines are able to do one shot at a time but others will do a double shot if the metal filter is big enough. It just depends on what you want in an espresso machine or depending on how many people will be using the machine at once.
But most importantly overall, make sure the machine is easy to use. You want to be able to use the espresso machine so easy, it is like using an ordinary tea kettle off the stove. There are some machines out there that are so hard to use that you may never actually figure out how to use them. Make sure the espresso-making process is flawlessly easy to follow with quick touch buttons and a guide to help you with the process.
Best Espresso Machines Under $200
Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
The Best Espresso Machine Under $200
The first espresso machine on the list is the best for several different reasons from ease of use to the multitude of different features it has. The machine is a steal for what it does at only around $200 but it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The espresso machine has a very classic design that is somewhat compact with an extra-long power cord so it can be placed just about anywhere in the kitchen. It also has a removable water container and milk container that happen to both be dishwasher safe.
All you need to do it set the machine to what you want it to make, fill the container with milk and water and place the proper amount of coffee grounds in the tamper then press start. The machine will do everything for you including steaming the milk to make foam. The machine is one of the easiest to use for a machine under $200 and is very easy to clean using the dishwasher. It also has a self-cleaning function to make it even easier to clean. The machine can also make a single or double shot espresso.
- The removeable milk and water containers are both dishwasher safe
- The machine is one of the easiest espresso machines to use
- There is a self-cleaning function to make cleaning a cinch
- While the machine is very reasonably priced, it does not come with a warranty to protect it
De’Longhi ECP3120 15 Bar Espresso Machine
The Advanced Espresso Machine
For an espresso machine that is under two hundred bucks and closer to 100 bucks, it is really quite a great machine. It is pretty affordable when compared to the others but it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The espresso machine is somewhat compact and has a nice sleek design that will fit on any countertop and look great in the kitchen. All the inner parts that are removable are also dishwasher safe which makes it much easier to clean in the long run. The water tank is ready to remove and fill with water and the drip tray is removable as well.
It has a frother on the side of the machine to make foam and the espresso machine can also make two shot of espresso at once. If you have a taller cup to use, the machine is also adjustable to fit all sizes of cups. It has a 15-bar of pressure making it easy to make coffee, espresso, cappuccino or any type of coffee you desire.
- The espresso machine has a removable drip tray and an easy to fill water tank that is removable and dishwasher safe.
- It is able to make two espresso shots at once and has a foamer on the side of the machine to steam your milk or make foam for cappuccinos.
- The 15-bar pressure system makes it easy to make any type of coffee or espresso and it is adjustable to fit all heights of cups in the machine.
- While the machine is very affordable when compared to others, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The Double Standard Espresso Machine
The next espresso machine is a quality product as well as coming from a well-known home brand of kitchen equipment. It is also priced well at around $160 but does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The cool thing about this espresso machine is that it is able to brew two separate cups of espresso at the same time using one tamper filter. Each cup can be a double or single shot as well. The espresso machine also features a self-cleaning button to make cleaning a very easy process. It also has an attached steam nozzle and frothing cup to make foam for lattes or cappuccinos if you want.
There is a warming station to keep the espresso warm after being brewed and a removable drip tray for easy cleaning. The espresso machine also comes with its own tamper tool to pack down the coffee grounds.
- The machine comes with an attached steam nozzle and frothing cup for making foam
- The machine is able to make two separate single or double espresso cups of coffee at one time
- The machine comes equipped with a self-cleaning button for quick and easy cleaning
- While the machine is moderately priced, it does not come with a warranty to protect it
DeLonghi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
The Dual Functioning Espresso Maker
The next machine is also very cool just like the last one with a lot of the same features. It is also very moderately priced but does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The last machine and this one is very similar in almost every way. They both can brew two separate cups of single or double shot espresso with the dual espresso filter and a self-tamper mode as well. This one also has an attached steam nozzle for making foam except this one will swivel back and forth.
With the 15-bar pressure system, it will make perfect espresso every time without any faults. It also has a dual temperature system so the steam and the water can be controlled at different temperatures at once. This machine also has a self-preparation mode to make sure the consumer can make coffee every time with ease.
- The machine is equipped with a 15-bar pressure system to make perfect espresso every time
- The machine can make two separate cups of espresso, single or double shot, at one time
- The attached steam nozzle for making foam has a swivel function
- While the machine is moderately priced, it does not come with a warranty to protect it
Capresso 116.04 Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine EC100
The Best Deal on an Espresso Machine
While this machine still does have some added features, we like it for one main reason. You are able to purchase this machine for only around $100 but it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
It is a very simple machine and does not have a lot of bells and whistles but does have the ones that count. It has a swivel-based attached steam nozzle for making foam. It also is able to make a single or double shot espresso by changing out the filter.
The stainless-steel platform will also keep the espresso warm after it has been brewed. The 15 bar thermo system makes it easy to produce quality espresso every time you use it as well. The removable water container is dishwasher safe and can hold up to 46 ounces of water at once.
- The removable water tank is dishwasher safe and can hold up to to 46 ounces of water.
- The stainless-steel platform keeps brewed espresso warm
- The machine is available for only $100
- While it is very cheap to purchase, it does not come with a warranty to protect it
Lavazza BLUE Classy Mini Single Serve Espresso Coffee Machine
The Apartment Espresso Machine
This espresso machine is one of the smaller models out there and would be perfect for anyone without a lot of room or a small apartment. Even though it is under 200 dollars, it is still expensive for what it can do when compared to others and it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The espresso machine is designed to make a single cup of coffee or espresso at a time and is compact and small in size to fit any countertop. It uses capsules to make coffee and are specific to the brand which is kind of a pain but it does have easy to follow controls which make the coffee very fast. The machine is whisper quiet and has a standby function to save on energy.
Lavazza BLUE has indicator lights to alert you when the coffee is ready and can hold up to 5 charges of coffee at any given time. Everything in the machine needs to be cleaned by hand except the water tank that will hold 1 quart of water at a time.
- The espresso machine is small and compact with a sleek design making it perfect for any small apartment or limited countertop space.
- The machine is whisper quiet and has a standby mode to save energy.
- The controls are easy to use and the indicator lights will let you know when the coffee is done, the water tank is empty or the capsule drawer needs to be filled.
- The espresso machine needs to use brand name capsules to make coffee.
- The machine is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned by hand.
- Even though it is fairly cheap compared to the others, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Breville Nespresso Essenza Mini
The Smallest Espresso Machine
The next espresso machine is also just as good as the previous machine but with one difference really. It’s a Nespresso machine. The machine is the smallest espresso machine in the world without compromising on flavor or taste and is able to be transported easily and fit in the smallest of areas.
The machine is moderately priced but does not come with any warranty to protect it. It also comes with a descaling function and a recalibrating system to help with the maintenance and cleaning processes. It does do only single brews but will brew both coffee and espresso.
- Is able to be transported very easily and will fit in any small or limited counter space kitchen
- Has a recalibrating and descaling function to aide in the cleaning process
- Has the ability to brew espresso and regular coffee
- While it is very affordable to purchase, it does not come with a warranty to protect it
No matter which one you decide to go with, make sure the machine is a quality instrument and that it will create wonderful espresso for you every time without having to replace parts, units or be constantly cleaning it. Make sure to do your homework before you buy one otherwise you might find yourself constantly replacing the espresso maker.
You may also like
Table of Contents
- How to Choose the Best Espresso Machine Under $200
- Best Espresso Machines Under $200
- Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
- De’Longhi ECP3120 15 Bar Espresso Machine
- Cuisinart EM-100
- DeLonghi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
- Capresso 116.04 Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine EC100
- Lavazza BLUE Classy Mini Single Serve Espresso Coffee Machine
- Breville Nespresso Essenza Mini