If you are trying to justify owning the best electric grill money can buy because they are so similar to other electric appliances like electric skillets or electric griddles, then you need to take a step back and look at what an electric grill has to offer first hand.
Electric grills may look similar to other appliances and may be able to cook using some of the same functions but they are also unique in many different ways. They come in all different sizes and styles to fit your kitchen or outdoor cookouts. We are sure that once you start using an electric grill you will never go back to the charcoal or propane grill again.
The electric grill is able to simplify all the same functions and features that service any outdoor type of grill and streamline the efficiency. In this article, we will go over what to look for when purchasing an electric grill and well as go over some of the different types of electric grills. We will also cover some of the electric grills that are available for purchase on the market today and which one may be the best fit for your wants and needs.
How to Choose the Best Electric Grill
There are two different types of electric grills to choose from and many different styles of each within the groups. There are electric grills that are meant to be used outside or inside. Yes, there may be some crossovers on some of the models which allow them to be used anywhere inside or outside but for the most part they are designed to fit the setting that are used in. So, make sure to decide where you will be using the grill for the remainder of the time if that is something that is important to you.
When purchasing an electric grill just like any other kitchen appliance or tool such as an instant read thermometer or an electric griddle, you want to make sure the grill will last a lifetime. Make sure the grill is constructed of high-quality materials with strong and sturdy construction. Of course, affordability may be an issue, but that doesn’t mean that you should buy the cheapest model or the most expensive model for that matter.
No matter which you decide to go with, make sure the electric grill comes with a guarantee from the manufacturer or some kind of warranty to protect the electric grill from damages or defects that may occur while in use or during shipping. Make sure to read the reviews and find a quality grill that is either highly sought out or highly recommended by trusted users.
Construction and Design
When it comes to designs of electric grills, there are many different looks and functions but for the most part there are two very popular styles. The most popular style for any outdoor electric grill will be modeled after what you would think of when you hear grill.
Outdoor electric grills look almost identical to some styles of propane grills so much that you would not even know it was electric. They even make some other types of electric smokers that look just like every day normal smokers.
The grill is usually set on a stand and has a lid that will either remove entirely or fold backwards. Some of these grills may be waterproof, dustproof and sturdy enough to withstand strong winds and weather conditions as well so make sure to look for those features because they will come in handy when the grill is left outside for longer periods of time.
These grills are usually made with strong materials that won’t rust or fall apart as well. Some models may have wheels to move around easier and maybe a tool rack or cooling rack to place food on during the cooking process as well. They are also usually controlled using a dial but there are some that are all digital and will basically do all the work for you but these models are usually much more expensive.
There are also indoor electric grills which of course can be used outside given the right conditions and safety precautions. The most popular style of indoor electric grills is modeled after what panini presses or waffle irons look like. They are usually inclined to help with the release of juices or fluids running off the grill into a grease trap catch-all. They are also usually constructed of the same materials as an electric griddle except they have raised ridges to help give the look of grill marks.
There is also another style of indoor electric grills which look almost identical to electric griddles and may have a lot if not all the same features and characteristics. Make sure whichever style you decide to go with that it is a quality machine with excellent construction that comes highly recommended by trusted users.
10 of the Best Electric Grills
Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill
The Best Electric Indoor Grill
The first indoor electric grill on the list is the best in many different ways but is also quite expensive when it comes to these types of appliances. However, it does come with a 1-year warranty to protect it.
The raised grilling surface is raised within a stainless-steel body to help catch all the juices and liquids that fall from the grill plates. The grill plates have a large surface area and are constructed of ceramic with a titanium coated surface to prevent any sticking that may happen. This also makes the grill very easy to clean and use. The heating element has a safety switch and is powered by 1500 watts which will heat up to 450 degrees in the comfort of your own home. This would be a great option to go with.
- The grill is powered by 1500 watts which allow it to heat up to 450 degrees.
- The grill plates are coated in titanium to create a non-stick surface.
- The electric grill is protected by a 1-year warranty.
- While it is protected by a warranty and constructed soundly, it is quite expensive when compared to other models.
George Foreman GGR50B
The Best Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
When it comes to electric grills in general, most people think of the Foreman grill and the reason is because he started to electric grill above all the rest. Foreman has dozens of different electric grills and comes highly trusted by users.
This grill is designed to be able to be used inside on the countertop or placed on the included stand outside for stable cooking conditions. The grill has a very large cooking surface which is also coated in a patented non-stick coating to prevent sticking as well as making the cleanup incredibly easy to complete. The heating element is stable and will properly cook any food without any smoke or flare-ups while cooking. The grill also comes with a lid that is vented to lock in any moisture desired. The electric grill is well priced but does not come with any warranty to protect it.
- The grill has a large cooking surface area and a vented lid to lock in moisture.
- The grill has the ability to be used indoors or outside using the stand.
- The grill plates are coated with a non-stick coating to prevent any sticking and make cleanup easy.
- The electric grill may be priced right, but does not come with a warranty.
Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
The Best Outdoor Electric Grill
The next electric grill up for grabs is a top of the line product with lots of power and many different features. The grill is quite expensive but does come with a lifetime warranty to protect it.
This grill has the largest cooking surface area any electric grill could have. The cooking grates are constructed of strong cast iron with an enamel coating to prevent sticking. The heating element is powered by 1600 watts which allow the temperature to rise above 500 degrees especially when covered. The lid is connected by hinges at the back and will lock in the heat and moisture. The extra-long cord also makes it easy to place wherever you want in your backyard.
- Comes with an extra-long grounded power cord for easy placement.
- The grill is powered by 1600 watts making it able to heat up to high temperatures.
- The grill has a large cooking surface area that is enamel coated to prevent any sticking.
- While it may come protected by a lifetime warranty, it is incredibly expensive for the original purchase.
The Next Best Indoor Electric Grill
The next grill on the agenda is really quite something. It can be an open grill, panini press or griddle with its reversible and removable plates. It is also very affordable at only 60 bucks but does not come with any warranty to protect it. The grill plates are not only non-stick for easy cleaning but also dishwasher-safe. The machine also comes with a scraping tool to help clean the plates as well. The temperatures are controlled by dial and heat up right away.
- The machine is a panini press, grill and griddle all in one.
- The grill plates are reversible, removable and dishwasher safe.
- The machine comes with a scraping tool.
- While it does come fairly cheap, there is no warranty to protect it.
T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill
The Most Expensive Indoor Grill
This grill is almost identical to the last one in every way except for a few features. One thing that sets it apart is that it is double the price of the other and also has no warranty to protect it. While it can still do all the same functions as the other indoor grill this one has a special operation manner. It is able to change its cooking cycles depending on the thickness of the food being cooked and whether it is frozen or thawed. Everything is digital and you could say this grill is just that much smarter.
- The machine is a grill, panini press and griddle all in one.
- The plates are removable, reversible and dishwasher safe.
- The cooking cycles will adapt to the thickness of the food being cooked.
- The grill is quite expensive and does not come with any warranty.
Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
The Look-Alike Grill
This grill is almost identical to an electric griddle except for the fact that the removable, non-stick plates have raised ridges to mimic grill marks. The plates also happen to be dishwasher safe and the included spatula is also as well. The stainless-steel base is cool to the touch and has a compartment to catch all the excess grease. The grill is very cheap but does not come with any warranty.
- The grill plates are removable, non-stick and dishwasher safe.
- The grill comes included with a plastic spatula.
- The base is cool to touch and catches all the unwanted grease left behind.
- While the grill is very cheap, there is no warranty to protect it.
George Foreman GRP1060B
The Original Foreman Grill
This Foreman grill is the original model and may be used anywhere you can plug it in. This model has been around for years and has sold well over a million units over the years. The grill is very cheap to purchase but does not come with a warranty to protect it. The grill plates are coated in non-stick coating and are also removable and dishwasher safe. The grill itself has an incline to allow the grease to drip down into a grease trap. The grill closes like a panini press and may be used for sandwiches as well.
- The grill has a slight incline to allow grease and juices to fall down in to grease trap.
- The grill plates are non-stick, removable and dishwasher safe.
- The grill can double as a panini press.
- While the grill is very cheap to purchase, it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill
The Most Expensive Electric Grill
While this grill may have every feature, you could ever want in an electric grill, it is pretty overkill and some features are just not needed. Plus, it’s very expensive and comes with no warranty to protect it.
The grill is designed as a panini press but can work as both in the grill function. The plates are reversible, removable, non-stick and dishwasher safe. The heat is controlled by dial but converted into digital on a led backlit display screen. The grill is also very powerful using 1800 watts.
- The grill plates are removable, reversible, non-stick and dishwasher safe.
- The grill can also be used as a panini press or as a griddle.
- The heat is powered by 1800-watt dials that are converted to a digital led display.
- The grill is incredibly expensive and comes with no warranty to protect it.
Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
This grill is very underwhelming with its features when compared to the others. The grill is remarkably cheaper than the rest but does not come with any warranty. The grill plates are non-stick but they cannot be removed or reversed for easy cleaning. The grill does come with a lid that is made of tempered glass so you can see inside while cooking. The grill is powered by 1500 watts allowing it to climb to temperatures of 400 degrees.
- The grill comes with a tempered glass lid to see inside while cooking.
- The grill plates are nonstick for easy cleaning.
- The grill is able to reach temperatures of 400 degrees with no smoke or flare ups.
- The grill is very cheap but does not come protected by a warranty.
Char-Broil 17602047 Infrared Electric Patio Bistro
The Impractical Electric Grill
The last grill on the list seems like it is in the wrong category. This grill looks almost identical to a propane or charcoal grill. Electric grills are supposed to be compact and take the hassle out of grilling with a propane grill. This grill tries to be more like a propane grill. The grill is also quite expensive and does not come with any warranty.
The grill plates are porcelain enamel coated cat iron grates that are easy to clean and have a removable grease trap to catch all unwanted liquids. The grill dials are controlled by infrared to control the heat better with less flare ups or smoke. The grill is on a raised stand with folding side tables, a warming rack and wheels to move the grill around.
- The grill is controlled by infrared heat to better control temperatures, flare ups and smoke.
- The grill grates are coated with porcelain enamel to prevent sticking and make cleanup easier.
- The grill has wheels to make it easy to move around.
- The grill is not only very large in size and very expensive in price but also does not come with a warranty to protect it.
Make sure to do your research first and find out what type of electric grill you will be needing. It is best to go with something that is reliable and able to be used whenever or wherever you want.