The Best Electric Grills to Choose in 2021
If you are trying to justify owning the best electric grill money can buy because they are so similar to other electric appliances like electric skillets or electric griddles, then you need to take a step back and look at what an electric grill has to offer first hand.
Electric grills may look similar to other appliances and may be able to cook using some of the same functions but they are also unique in many different ways. They come in all different sizes and styles to fit your kitchen or outdoor cookouts. We are sure that once you start using an electric grill you will never go back to the charcoal or propane grill again.
The electric grill is able to simplify all the same functions and features that service any outdoor type of grill and streamline the efficiency. In this article, we will go over what to look for when purchasing an electric grill and well as go over some of the different types of electric grills. We will also cover some of the electric grills that are available for purchase on the market today and which one may be the best fit for your wants and needs.
How to Choose the Best Electric Grill
There are two different types of electric grills to choose from and many different styles of each within the groups. There are electric grills that are meant to be used outside or inside. Yes, there may be some crossovers on some of the models which allow them to be used anywhere inside or outside but for the most part they are designed to fit the setting that are used in. So, make sure to decide where you will be using the grill for the remainder of the time if that is something that is important to you.
When purchasing an electric grill just like any other kitchen appliance or tool such as an instant read thermometer or an electric griddle, you want to make sure the grill will last a lifetime. Make sure the grill is constructed of high-quality materials with strong and sturdy construction. Of course, affordability may be an issue, but that doesn’t mean that you should buy the cheapest model or the most expensive model for that matter.
No matter which you decide to go with, make sure the electric grill comes with a guarantee from the manufacturer or some kind of warranty to protect the electric grill from damages or defects that may occur while in use or during shipping. Make sure to read the reviews and find a quality grill that is either highly sought out or highly recommended by trusted users.
Construction and Design
When it comes to designs of electric grills, there are many different looks and functions but for the most part there are two very popular styles. The most popular style for any outdoor electric grill will be modeled after what you would think of when you hear grill.
Outdoor electric grills look almost identical to some styles of propane grills so much that you would not even know it was electric. They even make some other types of electric smokers that look just like every day normal smokers.
The grill is usually set on a stand and has a lid that will either remove entirely or fold backwards. Some of these grills may be waterproof, dustproof and sturdy enough to withstand strong winds and weather conditions as well so make sure to look for those features because they will come in handy when the grill is left outside for longer periods of time.
These grills are usually made with strong materials that won’t rust or fall apart as well. Some models may have wheels to move around easier and maybe a tool rack or cooling rack to place food on during the cooking process as well. They are also usually controlled using a dial but there are some that are all digital and will basically do all the work for you but these models are usually much more expensive.
There are also indoor electric grills which of course can be used outside given the right conditions and safety precautions. The most popular style of indoor electric grills is modeled after what panini presses or waffle irons look like. They are usually inclined to help with the release of juices or fluids running off the grill into a grease trap catch-all. They are also usually constructed of the same materials as an electric griddle except they have raised ridges to help give the look of grill marks.
There is also another style of indoor electric grills which look almost identical to electric griddles and may have a lot if not all the same features and characteristics. Make sure whichever style you decide to go with that it is a quality machine with excellent construction that comes highly recommended by trusted users.
Best Electric Grills
Philips HD6371/94 Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
The Best Infrared Indoor Grill
This indoor electric grill is one of the best of its kind around. However, it is pretty expensive when compared to others and it does not come with a warranty to protect it. It is powered by 1660 watts of energy. There is no need to set a temperature because this grill heats up to a consistent 446 degrees no matter what once you turn it on. They claim it is the best temperature for optimal grilling and searing foods.
The grill plate has deep sections to make sure your food doesn’t cook in its own grease and the grease is collected by a grease trap at the end. It is also smokeless so you won’t have to worry about proper ventilation in your house. The grill plate can be wiped clean easily as it is non-stick surfaced or it also can be placed in the dishwasher making clean up a cinch. The bottom of the grill also has slip resistant rubber feet to keep it in place while in use.
- The grill plate has deep sections to collect the grease as it cooks and a grease trap that is removable to collect it.
- The grill plate surface is non-stick and is dishwasher safe, and also has slip resistant feet to keep it in place while in use.
- The grill is heated by a 1660-watt energy source and does not need to be set to a particular temperature as it will heat up to a consistent 446 degrees every time.
- The electric grill is very expensive when compared to others and it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
George Foreman GGR50B
The Best Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
When it comes to electric grills in general, most people think of the Foreman grill and the reason is because he started to electric grill above all the rest. Foreman has dozens of different electric grills and comes highly trusted by users.
This grill is designed to be able to be used inside on the countertop or placed on the included stand outside for stable cooking conditions. The grill has a very large cooking surface which is also coated in a patented non-stick coating to prevent sticking as well as making the cleanup incredibly easy to complete. The heating element is stable and will properly cook any food without any smoke or flare-ups while cooking. The grill also comes with a lid that is vented to lock in any moisture desired. The electric grill is well priced but does not come with any warranty to protect it.
- The grill has a large cooking surface area and a vented lid to lock in moisture.
- The grill has the ability to be used indoors or outside using the stand.
- The grill plates are coated with a non-stick coating to prevent any sticking and make cleanup easy.
- The electric grill may be priced right, but does not come with a warranty.
Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
The Best Outdoor Electric Grill
The next electric grill up for grabs is a top of the line product with lots of power and many different features. The grill is quite expensive but does come with a lifetime warranty to protect it.
This grill has the largest cooking surface area any electric grill could have. The cooking grates are constructed of strong cast iron with an enamel coating to prevent sticking. The heating element is powered by 1600 watts which allow the temperature to rise above 500 degrees especially when covered. The lid is connected by hinges at the back and will lock in the heat and moisture. The extra-long cord also makes it easy to place wherever you want in your backyard.
- Comes with an extra-long grounded power cord for easy placement.
- The grill is powered by 1600 watts making it able to heat up to high temperatures.
- The grill has a large cooking surface area that is enamel coated to prevent any sticking.
- While it may come protected by a lifetime warranty, it is incredibly expensive for the original purchase.
The Next Best Indoor Electric Grill
The next grill on the agenda is really quite something. It can be an open grill, panini press or griddle with its reversible and removable plates. It is also very affordable at only 60 bucks but does not come with any warranty to protect it. The grill plates are not only non-stick for easy cleaning but also dishwasher-safe. The machine also comes with a scraping tool to help clean the plates as well. The temperatures are controlled by dial and heat up right away.
- The machine is a panini press, grill and griddle all in one.
- The grill plates are reversible, removable and dishwasher safe.
- The machine comes with a scraping tool.
- While it does come fairly cheap, there is no warranty to protect it.
T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill
The Most Expensive Indoor Grill
This grill is almost identical to the last one in every way except for a few features. One thing that sets it apart is that it is double the price of the other and also has no warranty to protect it. While it can still do all the same functions as the other indoor grill this one has a special operation manner. It is able to change its cooking cycles depending on the thickness of the food being cooked and whether it is frozen or thawed. Everything is digital and you could say this grill is just that much smarter.
- The machine is a grill, panini press and griddle all in one.
- The plates are removable, reversible and dishwasher safe.
- The cooking cycles will adapt to the thickness of the food being cooked.
- The grill is quite expensive and does not come with any warranty.
Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
The Look-Alike Grill
This grill is almost identical to an electric griddle except for the fact that the removable, non-stick plates have raised ridges to mimic grill marks. The plates also happen to be dishwasher safe and the included spatula is also as well. The stainless-steel base is cool to the touch and has a compartment to catch all the excess grease. The grill is very cheap but does not come with any warranty.
- The grill plates are removable, non-stick and dishwasher safe.
- The grill comes included with a plastic spatula.
- The base is cool to touch and catches all the unwanted grease left behind.
- While the grill is very cheap, there is no warranty to protect it.
George Foreman 5-Serving Grill GRP472P
The Most User Friendly Electric Grill
This next electric grill would be a really great option for any large family. It is a little bit pricey but does come with a 3-year warranty to protect it. It has a large cooking surface area of 72 square inches and the grill grates are non-stick surfaced to make food release nice and easy. The grill grates are also removable so you can store them easily or wipe them down with a single wipe. They are also all dishwasher safe and so is the drip tray that will collect the grease from the grill as you cook the food since the grill is on a tilt axis.
The electric grill also has a top and bottom grill to make it even easier to get an even grill on any food without having to flip it even once. The handles are cool to touch and the bottom of the grill has slip resistant feet to keep it in place while it is in use.
- The electric grill has a lower and upper grill to get an even cook on all foods without having to flip or move the food during the cooking process.
- The grill grates have a non-stick surface and are removable so they can be cleaned easily and are all dishwasher safe.
- The drip tray is also dishwasher safe and the grill is on a tilt axis to keep grease constantly draining while you cook your foods.
- While it does come with a warranty to protect the grill, it is priced fairly high when compared to other electric grills.
Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill
The Most Expensive Electric Grill
While this grill may have every feature, you could ever want in an electric grill, it is pretty overkill and some features are just not needed. Plus, it’s very expensive and comes with no warranty to protect it.
The grill is designed as a panini press but can work as both in the grill function. The plates are reversible, removable, non-stick and dishwasher safe. The heat is controlled by dial but converted into digital on a led backlit display screen. The grill is also very powerful using 1800 watts.
- The grill plates are removable, reversible, non-stick and dishwasher safe.
- The grill can also be used as a panini press or as a griddle.
- The heat is powered by 1800-watt dials that are converted to a digital led display.
- The grill is incredibly expensive and comes with no warranty to protect it.
Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
This grill is very underwhelming with its features when compared to the others. The grill is remarkably cheaper than the rest but does not come with any warranty. The grill plates are non-stick but they cannot be removed or reversed for easy cleaning. The grill does come with a lid that is made of tempered glass so you can see inside while cooking. The grill is powered by 1500 watts allowing it to climb to temperatures of 400 degrees.
- The grill comes with a tempered glass lid to see inside while cooking.
- The grill plates are nonstick for easy cleaning.
- The grill is able to reach temperatures of 400 degrees with no smoke or flare ups.
- The grill is very cheap but does not come protected by a warranty.
Techwood Raclette Grill Electric BBQ Grill
The Most Versatile Electric Grill
This double decker electric grill will cook a lot of food all at once. It is very expensive to purchase but does come with an 18-month warranty to protect it. The grill has a large cooking surface area of 18×9 and also has a lower section for 4 individual raclette or small frying pans to cook your sides, egg or anything else you would want to cook while grilling food on top.
The electric grill is powered by 1500 watts of energy and has an adjustable thermostat for all the frying pans and upper grill with indicator lights and alerts. All the cooking surfaces have a non-stick coating on the grills and pans and are able to be wiped clean easily. The grill is easy to use but is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned by hand.
- The double decker grill features are large upper grill and 8 lower small frying pans for cooking a large amount and array of food all at once.
- The grill is equipped with a thermostat and individual heat settings for all the different grills and pans with indicator lights as well.
- All the surfaces have a non-stick coating which makes food release very easy.
- While the grill does come with an 18-month warranty to protect it, it is very expensive to purchase.
Make sure to do your research first and find out what type of electric grill you will be needing. It is best to go with something that is reliable and able to be used whenever or wherever you want.
You may also like
Table of Contents
- How to Choose the Best Electric Grill
Best Electric Grills
- Philips HD6371/94 Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
- George Foreman GGR50B
- Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
- Cuisinart GR-4N
- T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill
- Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
- George Foreman 5-Serving Grill GRP472P
- Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill
- Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
- Techwood Raclette Grill Electric BBQ Grill