The Best Egg Poachers in 2021
Most people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Mainly because your body needs a high-powered boost of vitamins and energy to start the day off right. It doesn’t matter where you are from in the world, the egg is probably the most universal breakfast food that there is. And one of the healthiest ways to eat an egg is by poaching it. In order to do this flawlessly, you are going to need the best egg poacher money can buy. They will be able to deliver a perfectly poached egg in minutes without having to boil a pot of water and constantly watch it.
In this article, we will go over some of the reasons eggs are vital to start your day off with as well as how to choose the best egg poacher. We will also go over several different factors to look for as well as go over some of the best models that are available for purchase on the market today and which one may be the best fit for you and your breakfast.
Why should you start the day off with poached eggs?
It’s no wonder why everyone loves eggs. They can be prepared in so many different ways and are essential to almost any type of recipe whether that is baking or cooking. The main reason why it’s a great idea to start your day with eggs is because of all the vital vitamins and minerals they contain.
Eggs have the potential to serve your body with vitamin A, vitamin D, E, K, Vitamin B5, vitamin B12, B2, B6, zinc and calcium. Not to mention they are a great source of protein and really intend to fill you up with such a small amount of food. They are what is known as a good fat or a superfood because of the awesome things they can deliver on with little to no work. But when it comes to how they are prepared, there are millions of different ways and many different types of egg cookers as well.
One of the healthiest of ways to cook an egg for breakfast or any other meal for that matter, is to poach them. They are essentially just boiled in water without the shell. This means they take no extra butter or oil to cook them which makes the day start off with no extra fat additives that could be harmful to your diet or your body. It’s a very easy method and with an egg poacher, the process is seamless and incredibly easy.
How to Choose the Best Egg Poacher
When choosing a new egg poacher, you want to make sure the product is made with strong materials that will not break after a couple of uses. Most of the pieces on a poacher may be plastic so it is best to make sure they are strong or insured to protect them when things go wrong. That is where a manufacturer guarantee or a warranty will come in handy to protect them from any damages or defects that may occur while in use or during the shipping process.
You also want to make sure that the product is easy to use. Poaching an egg is not that difficult if you know how to do it without an egg poacher so the process of using an egg poacher should not be that difficult either.
You also want to make sure that it is going to be easy to clean. You don’t want to get a machine with a lot of crevasses or hard to reach areas that may be hard to clean. Make sure all the pieces come apart and are easily wiped clean or if at all possible, you are able to place the whole unit in the dishwasher and clean it that way.
Also, from time to time you may want to use the egg poacher as something else like a casserole dish or a sheet tray to bake something on, so try and get one that is able to be placed in the oven. It is not necessary but it is an added bonus.
Construction and Design
As far as materials go, you want to make sure that you get a machine with the highest quality of materials used. It is important because usually they are some kind of a pot with an insert that could be plastic and you don’t want it to melt at high temperatures. Think of the same construction as a sauté pan, then you will be good to go. Stainless steel is going to be one of the better materials to look for in an egg poacher.
You also want to try and get a lid that is see-through so you are able to gauge the cooking time of the eggs inside the pot. The best type to look for will be a tempered glass lid that is shatterproof and has some kind of a vent on the lid to keep the heat and moisture in the pot or to release so you can keep control over the heat within.
Also, instead of using a kitchen timer, try to get a machine that has a built-in timer, this too is an added bonus.
Try and get a pot that has a heat resistant handle with a soft grip so it is easy to control the pot as well.
If the egg inserts in which the actual egg cooks are lined with some kind of non-stick coating, it is best to make sure that they are safe to eat from. Mainly speaking, make sure that they are PFOA and PTFE free. Non-stick coatings with these chemicals can be very hazardous to your health in the long run. They usually use these types of chemicals on the cheaper models though.
Best Egg Poachers
Eggssentials Poached Egg Maker (6 cups)
The Best Egg Poacher
When it comes to egg poachers, this product is the cream of the crop. It is very reasonably priced for wat it is but it does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The pot is constructed of stainless steel with an encapsulated bottom made of aluminum to create even heat distribution and excellent heat retention. There are six inner cups with a non-stick coating on them that is free of all PFOA which allows the poached eggs to slip right out.
The pan also is compatible with all types of burners including induction stovetops. The handle has a comfortable and slip-resistant grip that is easy to use. The lid is see-through which is also tempered glass so it won’t shatter under high temperatures. All of the parts are dishwasher safe and the pot is oven safe up to 400 degrees.
- All of the parts are dishwasher safe and the pot is oven safe up to 400 degrees
- The body is constructed of stainless steel with an encapsulated aluminum bottom
- The egg poacher is able to be used on all stovetops including induction burners
- While the product is affordable, it does not come with a warranty to protect it
ExcelSteel 521 Egg Poacher (4 Cups)
The Next Best Thing
This next product may even work better for you especially if you have less people to cook for. The product is very affordable but does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The body of the egg poacher is constructed of 18/10 stainless steel which is compatible with all burners including induction burners. The handle has a soft grip which is heat resistant and slip resistant. The lid is tempered glass so you can see in the pot while the eggs are cooking without removing the lid. There are four inner cups with a non-stick coating and their own personal hoop shaped handle for easy release of the eggs. The product is more than easy to use and very easy to clean by hand or to be placed in the dishwasher.
- There are 4 inner cups with a non-stick coating and their own personal handles
- The body is constructed of stainless steel and the lid is tempered glass
- The handle is slip resistant and heat resistant
- While it is very reasonably priced, there is no warranty to protect the product
Norpro 669 Stainless Steel Egg Poacher/Skillet Set
Almost the Same, Not the Price
This product is almost identical to the first product listed except with one less egg cup. It is also twice the price of the other and does not come protected by a warranty.
It literally is almost a shot for shot picture with the description the same as the first one. There are only 5 cup inserts with a non-stick coating and the pan is still made of stainless steel with an aluminum bottom to provide even heat distribution and retention. The only thing that sets this apart from the other is the price and the one less egg cup.
- The body is constructed of stainless steel with an aluminum bottom
- The lid is tempered glass and the handle is heat resistant
- There are 5 inner cups with PFOA free non-stick coating
- The product is very expensive and does not come with a warranty
Farberware Aluminum Nonstick 4-Cup Covered Egg Poacher
A S- So Egg Poacher But Still a Viable Option
While this product may be able to poach an egg, it will not last very long because of its construction. The pan is very affordable but does not come with a warranty to protect it. The pan is constructed of aluminum which creates even heat distribution but the pan will have a tendency to warp or dent over time.
The egg poacher insert has four cups and is coating inside and out with non-stick. The handle is double-riveted stainless steel and the pot can be placed in the oven for up to 400 degrees. The entire pot is dishwasher safe and so is the lid which is not see through.
- The product is dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 400 degrees
- The egg poacher insert is non-stick coated inside and out
- The aluminum construction provides even heat distribution
- There is no warranty to protect the pan
- The pan may warp or dent over time
- The lid is not see-through
RSVP International Endurance Stainless Steel Poacher
The Single Egg Poacher
This egg poacher is very small and will only cook one egg at a time which may be great if it is just you or you want to take on a camping trip. The product is reasonably priced but does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The body is constructed of stainless steel and is dishwasher safe. There is no lid because of how small the pot is it doesn’t really need it. The handle is very long and heat resistant and the inside is all non-stick for easy cleanup and quick release of the food.
- The inside has a non-stick coating for easy cleanup
- The handle is long and heat resistant
- The body is constructed of stainless steel and is dishwasher safe
- There is no warranty to protect the product
Nordic Ware 64702 Microwave 2 Cavity Egg Poacher
The Microwaveable Egg Poacher
This unit is a little different from the rest of the other products available and would be perfect for someone on a budget or someone who would rather use a microwave than a stovetop. Perfect for college students or someone with limited cooking space.
The product is only 2 bucks but does not come with a warranty to protect it. It is made completely of plastic and has the ability to cook two eggs at once in the microwave. It is also dishwasher safe and easy to use. It will cook two eggs in a matter of minutes.
- Cooks two eggs in under two minutes in a microwave
- The product is made of plastic and is dishwasher safe
- It only costs 2 dollars and takes up little to no space
- Does not come with a warranty
- Can only be used in a microwave
Eggssentials Stainless Steel Egg Rack
The Insert Egg Poacher
This product is just the insert that goes inside of a pot. It is reasonably priced but does not come with a warranty to protect it. The insert will fit in just about any sized pot, pan or instant pot. It has the ability to cook two eggs at once.
The inserts have a non-stick coating for easy cleanup and sit in a stand that keep them from tipping over in the pot. The whole unit is dishwasher safe and easy to use. It is also very small and will take up very little storage space.
- Has the ability to be placed in any pot, pan, slow cooker or instant pot
- Can cook two eggs at once and is dishwasher safe
- The inserts have a non-stick coating and sit in an upright stand
- Does not come with its own pot
- Does not come with a warranty
COZILIFE Silicone Egg Poaching Cups
The Inventive Egg Poacher
Here is an egg poacher that can be used in a microwave or in a pot on the stove as a double boiler. The product comes with 4 individual cups in different colors and is reasonably priced, plus they offer free returns or refunds for life.
The cups are made from food-grade silicone and have the ability to cook a single egg at once. They can also be used for all kinds of cooking like melting chocolate, as jello molds or to heat up pasta sauce. They are able to resist heat up to 400 degrees and are dishwasher safe. No need for cooking spray either because they are naturally non-stick.
- Comes with 4 individual food grade silicone cups in different colors
- They are heat resistant up to 400 degrees and are dishwasher safe
- Can cook an egg perfectly in the microwave or in a pot on the stove
- Does not come with a pot to place them in on the stove
OXO Good Grips Silicone Egg Poachers
Just Another Silicone Egg Poachers
This product is pretty much the same as the previous one. The product is very affordable but does cost a little more than the other product and does not come with a warranty or refunds.
This product comes in a set of two food-grade silicone cups that have another cup attached to the bottom of it with holes in the cups that allow water to flow through them during the poaching to allow even cooking around the cup. They also act as a stand for the cups during the cooking process. They are easy to use in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove and are dishwasher safe.
- Comes in a set of two food grade silicone egg poacher cups with built in stands
- They are easy to use and dishwasher safe
- The bottom cups have holes in them to allow water to pass through them so the eggs cook evenly
- While the product is very affordable, it does not come with a warranty to protect it
- Does not come with a pot for the stove
So, in the end, it really all comes down to preference and how you would like your eggs to be cooked. If you would rather buy a more sophisticated product that looks nice and of the top products will work but if you would rather go the easy route then you should go with the food-grade silicone cups that can be used in the microwave or on the stovetop as an extra option.
You may also like
Table of Contents
- Why should you start the day off with poached eggs?
- How to Choose the Best Egg Poacher
Best Egg Poachers
- Eggssentials Poached Egg Maker (6 cups)
- ExcelSteel 521 Egg Poacher (4 Cups)
- Norpro 669 Stainless Steel Egg Poacher/Skillet Set
- Farberware Aluminum Nonstick 4-Cup Covered Egg Poacher
- RSVP International Endurance Stainless Steel Poacher
- Nordic Ware 64702 Microwave 2 Cavity Egg Poacher
- Eggssentials Stainless Steel Egg Rack
- COZILIFE Silicone Egg Poaching Cups
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Egg Poachers