11 Best Baking and Cookie Sheets in 2020
When it comes to sheet pans, there are basically two different types. One is the cookie baking sheet pan and the other is the baking pan for roasting vegetables and meats. There are of course some sheet pans out there that are able to have anything baked on them.
There are so many different sizes, styles and kinds of sheet pans so the search for a new one can become somewhat difficult if you don’t know what you are looking for and what you really need. But you want to own the best baking and cookie sheet pan that money can buy, which is why we have created this buyer’s guide for you.
In this article, we will go over some of the different types of baking and cookie sheet pans as well as what to look for when purchasing a new one. We will also cover some of the sheet pans that are available for purchase on the market today and which one may be the best fit for your wants and needs.
How to Choose the Best Baking and Cookie Sheet Pans
When choosing a new baking or cookie sheet pan it is best to know what you will be using the sheet pan for. Some of the sheet pans out there are designed to be used in a specific manner and under specific temperatures and conditions. So, make sure you know what you will be cooking on the pan before you start looking for one, it will come in handy and narrow down the search.
When you find a pan you like, make sure to get one that comes with a warranty to protect it from damages that may occur while in use or during the shipping process. Make sure that you buy the proper design of pan, meaning flat surfaced. You don’t want to end up with a muffin pan after ordering.
With all that being said, you want to have a sheet pan that will last a lifetime so make sure the materials used to construct the pan are of high-quality. If you plan on baking cookies on the sheet pan then you are going to want a non-stick coated surface. This will help immensely when you go to try and release the cookies from the pan. You could always just use Pam or a spray coating, but a non-stick surface will totally replace the spray for life.
No matter the pan you decide to go with, make sure it is easy to clean and use. If the pan is also dishwasher safe this can be a plus as well. Although some sheet pans just won’t fit in a dishwasher so you will have to clean them by hand anyway.
Construction and Design
There are basically two different types of designs for sheet pans. Ones with an edge or a lip around the pan to help keep the food contained while cooking sort of like a cake pan but rectangular. Or one that does not have an edge and is just a flat surface. These are usually used to cook cookies specifically or reheat things in the oven. So, it is usually best to go with a sheet pan that has an edge and is can be used at low and high temperatures, that way you can cook anything.
Try and buy a pan that has a Teflon or nonstick coated surface so that will won’t have to deal with any extra oil or food sticking to the pans. The pans are also going to get pretty badly beat up over time if they are made of low-quality materials or tend to be lightweight or flimsy. You want to have a pan that has a heavy gauged metal reinforcing the pan. That way the pan is stable and durable, which will in turn save your pans for dents or warping over time. Also, if the pan is too lightweight, it will make the pan very hot and you might have to use two or three pairs of oven mitts to remove the pan from the oven.
Best Baking and Cookie Sheets
USA Pan Bakeware Half Sheet Pan
The Best Baking and Cookie Sheet Pan
The first half sheet pan up for grabs on the list works perfectly for baking cookies and for roasting vegetables. It comes at a very affordable price but does not come protected by a warranty.
The sheet pan is constructed of heavy gauge aluminized steel that is able to have any kind of food baked or roasted upon it. The sheet pan has a lip or edge and the surface of the pan has a corrugated texture for correct air flow and an easy release. The pan is coated in a special non-stick coating that is PTFE and BPA free meaning it is all natural. It is recommended that the pan be only hand washed gently with a sponge.
- The pan comes at a very affordable price.
- The body is constructed of heavy gauge aluminized steel.
- The pan has a corrugated texture and non-stick coating for easy release.
- There is no warranty to protect it
- The pan cannot be placed in a dishwasher
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet
The Runner Up
The next sheet pan on the list is a 2 for 1 meaning you get two sheet pans for the price of around $20. While it is a good deal it also does not come with a warranty to protect the pans.
The pans are constructed of heavy-duty aluminum which conduct heat very well and create even heat distribution throughout the pan’s surface. The raised rim is constructed with reinforced steel to prevent any warping that may occur while in use. This pan also requires that is be hand washed only to prevent discoloration or warping. But no matter what the pan will never rust.
- You get two pans for the affordable price of one pan
- The pans conduct heat very well and provide even heat distribution
- The rim is constructed of reinforced steel to prevent warping
- There is no warranty to protect it
- It is not dishwasher safe
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Half Sheet
An Equally Great Sheet Pan
This sheet pan is also a great pick but does come at a little more expensive price and it does not come with a warranty to protect it. It is also specifically designed for baking and not roasting.
The pan is constructed of heavy gauge aluminized steel and has a micro textured surface to create even air flow and easy release. It is also coated in a double layer of ceramic coating for a non-stick surface. The raised rim edges are squared off for strength within the pan and easy handling from the oven. The pan also promotes even heat distribution throughout the pan. It also is recommended to be handwashed and is not dishwasher safe.
- The pan has a micro textured surface to create even air flow
- The pan is double coated in a ceramic non-stick for easy release
- The rimmed edges are squared off for easy handling and a strong structure
- The pan does not come with a warranty
- The pan is not dishwasher safe
Anolon Advanced Bakeware Cookie Sheet
Basic But Still Viable Option
The next sheet pan is a pretty basic model with not a lot of extra features. The pan comes at an affordable price but does not come with a warranty to protect it.
The sheet pan is constructed of heavy gauge aluminum so it will conduct heat well and promote even heat distribution on the surface. The raised edges are flattened out to ensure easy handling in and out of the oven. The pan is also coated in non-stick for easy release. This pan is also dishwasher safe.
- The sheet pan is dishwasher safe
- The raised edges are flattened out for easy handling
- The sheet pan is coated in non-stick for an easy release of food without scraping
- There is no warranty included with the price
Circulon Nonstick Bakeware Cookie Pan Baking Sheet Set
The Chocolate Sheet Pan
The next pan has a dark and rich chocolate color tint to the pan which is really just for looks. The pan is quite affordable but does not come protected by a warranty.
The pan is constructed of heavy gauge steel and has a ridged textured surface to aid in the release of foods when cooked. The pan is also coated in a heavy non-stick coating so you won’t have to use any spray when cooking. The pan also has a high rolled edge for handling the pan when it is hot and to contain any food while cooking. The pan is also dishwasher safe but is recommended to be washed by hand and is also oven safe up to 450 degrees.
- The pan is dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 450 degrees
- The pan is coated in a non-stick coating to help with the release of foods
- The bottom of the pan is textured with ridges and has a high edge to contain the food
- While the pan is very affordable, there is no warranty to protect it
Vollrath 68085 Wear-Ever Cookie Sheet Pan
The Basic Cookie Sheet Pan
This pan is kind of a cop out in the sense that it doesn’t do much. You are only able to cook cookies on the pan due to it not having edges. The pan is fairly expensive and doesn’t come with a warranty.
The pan is constructed of heavy gauge steel with a soft insert so the pan will cool down fast when removed from the oven. It, however, does not have a non-stick coating or any textured surfaces for food release. The pan also has to be washed by hand. It’s pretty much not a winner in the realm of sheet pans.
- The pan is constructed of heavy gauge steel
- The pan has a soft insert that allows it to cool down quickly when removed from the oven
- The pan is fairly expensive and does not come with a warranty
- The pan can only be used to bake cookies
- The pan is not dishwasher safe
Rachael Ray 3-Piece Oven Lovin’ Steel Baking Sheet Set
The Good Deed Set
This set is actually a great deal because you get 3 pans for a great price. There is no warranty on the pans but a portion of the proceeds go to charity.
The purchase comes with 3 different sizes of pans with high edges and all the pans are coated in a non-stick coating that is oven safe up to 500 degrees. The pans are constructed of high gauge steel that will not warp over time. The pans are also dishwasher safe. The handles also have rubber grips that are slip resistant.
- A portion of the proceeds go to Rachel Ray’s charity
- You get three different sizes of pans with the purchase
- The pans have a non-stick coating and high rimmed edges
- The pans are very affordable but do not come with a warranty to protect them
Farberware Nonstick Bakeware Cookie Pan
The Basic but Good Deal Pan
This pan is extremely affordable but does not come with a warranty to protect it. The pan is constructed of heavy-duty aluminum that will resisting warping overtime. The pan also has a non-stick coating all over and is oven safe up to 450 degrees. The pan has high rimmed edges to contain food and provide easy to grip edges and handles when removing from the oven.
- The pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees
- The pan has a non-stick coating all over
- The pan has high edges and is constructed of quality materials that will not warp overtime
- While the pan is very cheap, it does not come with a warranty to protect it
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick 21×15-Inch Mega Baking Pan
The Warranty Edition
This pan may not be the best in the bunch but it is extremely affordable and comes with a 10-year limited warranty. The pan is rather basic looking with a rectangle shape and a non-stick coating to help with the release of foods. It also has high edges to keep the food contained while cooking. However, the pan is not dishwasher safe and needs to be washed by hand.
- The pan is very affordable and comes with a 10-year limited warranty to protect it
- The pan has a non-stick coating to release foods easily
- The pan has high edges to keep food contained while cooking
- The pans are not dishwasher safe
Calphalon Nonstick Cookie Sheet
The Protected Cookie Sheet Pan
This sheet pan is mainly used to cook cookie and baked goods exclusively. It does come at a higher price but it is protected by a lifetime warranty.
The pan is constructed of heavy gauge steel that will not warp overtime and will heat evenly when baking. The pan is coated in double non-stick coating and is oven safe up to 500 degrees. The pan is also dishwasher safe under all conditions.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty to protect it
- The pan is constructed of heavy gauge steel that heats evenly
- The pan is dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 500 degrees
- The pan is rather expensive
- Will only be used for baked goods not cooking or roasting
AirBake Nonstick Cookie Sheet
The Inexpensive Cookie Sheet Pan
This pan is very affordable to purchase and is protected by a 10-year warranty. The pan is constructed of aluminized steel that heats evenly and will not warp overtime. The pan is also coated in a non-stick finish that allows food to be released easily. The Micro dome technology also allows the pan to reduce baking time in half in some cases. However, the pan is not dishwasher safe.
- The pan is very cheap to buy and is protected by a 10-year warranty
- The pan heats evenly every time and will not warp overtime
- The non-stick finish allows food to be released easily from the pan
- The pan is not dishwasher safe
There are a lot of different options of sheet pans out there all with different price points. You need to choose the pan according to what you will use it for depending on its construction then figure out which will be the best. Chances are you will probably buy one or two more in your lifetime, so don’t lose your head over the decision.